• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Maglight couplers adapters

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
Is there any one that makes a coupler or adapter to attach 2 or 3 6 D cell maglites together ? assumming that its even possible .

Glen C

Enlightened
Hilux, just a thought, rather than couple 3 X 6D bodies together, you might be better to get someone to run you up an 18 cell body. Much, much stonger and you could then use it as a baseball bat, crowbar, pole vault without fear of it breaking. There are some very impressive Maglite modders on this forum.

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
Ya thats what I am thinking I was looking at my mags and the only way I could think of would be to couple the the back ends together . I wonder who could turn some here ?

Norm

Retired Administrator
I think it may have been Magmod who made some extension tubes in the past. I'm sure someone will corect me if I'm wrong.
Norm

Niteowl

Enlightened
modamag sold some extensions for C's and D's, only a couple larger ones. Don't think he's in any hurry to do more.

Best bet would be like Glen C said. Find some tubing and have someone thread it for you.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Norm said:
I think it may have been Magmod who made some extension tubes in the past. I'm sure someone will corect me if I'm wrong.
Norm
It was modamag who offered Maglite extension tubes some time ago. :)

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
hiluxxulih said:
Ya thats what I am thinking I was looking at my mags and the only way I could think of would be to couple the the back ends together . I wonder who could turn some here ?
I had the same idea a while back and I put up a thread to see if anyone could make me an adapter like this:
(Photoshop Job)

But I couldn't find anybody to do the job, so I bolted two tailcaps together to make this:

The original idea was to make a double headed light with a bright but short lived Mag85 on one end and a long life dimmer LED on the other end like this:

Of course, I couldn't help putting two Mag6Ds together. Since one of them was already modded into my MagHK with pistol grip and scope, the result looks like a bazooka.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
haha! awesome pics!!

What is the super-size bezel on the red end of the mag?

Also, how do you use the MagHK? (what does hk stand for?)
Neat!!!

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MagHK was built using the stock pieces for an HK91 rifle, the link has details. The front bezel is one of FMs 2" deep reflectors with a red bezel. Although it looks better with the black bezel, it's "too" rifle like. In normal use, I leave the red bezel on for safety, like the orange tips on toy guns. I use the MagHK to keep an eye on my mother's house across the street without leaving my porch. The scope was originally just for looks but it is actually usable. I added the hex shaped anti-roll device just to make the front end look a little different.

hiluxxulih: I had another idea for attaching two Mags, head to tail so that the second body would be like a battery extender. I may try this later when I get some more tailcaps. I was going to sand down the outside of a tailcap until it would fit inside the head end of the Mag barrel. I was going to use set screws (if strong enough) or bolts to attach the trimmed down tailcap to the barrel. Since the tailcap ID is to small to allow the batteries to pass through, you have to maintain battery continuity some other way. I was planning on using a bolt to span the tailcap "gap" and a grommet where the bolt passes through the tailcap to prevent shorting.

Last edited:

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neato burrito.
Have people ever driven by and reacted to your light gun?