Huntlight FT01 Help

funeralplanner

Newly Enlightened
Wasn't paying close enough attention when I put my 18650 in tonight. Put it in backwards and now....nothing. What burnt out, and can I fix it? Are the switches covered under warranty? Had one go bad today as well. Thanks for the help.

mitch586

Newly Enlightened
Possibly nothing burned out. When I first got mine, it would not turn on with a 18650 until I cleaned the positive terminal with sandpaper and stretched the spring out a little. Seems that an 18650 is a little shorter than 2 cr123 cells. Then later on it developed a flickering problem that I solved by resoldering the pcb to the head. If you have some 123 cells around, I would try a pair just to see if nothing broke.

funeralplanner

Newly Enlightened
I tried that. Nothing with the 123's either. It even smells burnt. I didn't know reverse polarity would hurt a flashlight. I'll try placing a bit of solder on the spring.

Fubar411

Newly Enlightened
I'm afraid I did just the exact same thing.

Is there a drop in that would fit, maybe one that would provide more light?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried that. Nothing with the 123's either. It even smells burnt. I didn't know reverse polarity would hurt a flashlight. I'll try placing a bit of solder on the spring.

+

Is your Huntlight FT01 the CREE version, or the Luxeon drop-in version ?

If its the Lux version,... its a simple 'time for new drop-in' deal.
I can't speak for the CREE version, but you may be able to use a new drop-in also.

bspofford

Enlightened
The Lux III version is easier, but you can also remove the pill from the CREE version with a little effort. Once the module is out, you can use just about any standard P60 module. The DereeLight 3-mode digital Q5 is wonderful, and you can spend as little as $10 for an MTE one-mode Q50 to >$50 for BOG & Malkov P60 modules. The Dereelight (http://www.dereelight.com/dbs3sd.htm) has both reverse polarity protection and low voltage cutoff for unprotected cells.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
what do you know.....

i only yesterday gave up modding a LuxIII module. Not worth it..with the money & effort spent one can buy a much better module and it is compatible with other hosts. (the original is not)

If you have burnt the switch, no wooriries. there are replacement ones in DX & KD for cheap. See this post

Best of luck, Kostas