what s hapening to me?

yansti

Newly Enlightened
first of all I would like to sy hello to everyone,I am new to this forum, my name is yan and I live in belgium.

a week ago I received a catalog in my mail box for outdoor/camping equipment and for the first time I saw a led flashlight. I decided to have a look on internet a since that day I have been surfing the net for led flaslights for about 6 hours a day, my girl friend can t stand it anymore but I just fell in love with these lights, I just love everything about new technologies. anyway, the first day I had already ordered an Inova xo2 from rei.com at 35 dollars, and I just realized that I won t be able to stick with just one as there just to many too desirable :))) I am thinking about getting a fenix p1 d ce and I haven t received the inova yet :)
Well, that being said, I just wanted to say hello and tel you that you ve helped to make me a newflashaholic, one week ago, I didn 't care at all about flashlihts, it was just an utiity ject but I understand your love for it now: ) Wold it be posible for some of of you to post some pics of your xo or xo2 as this is the first flashlight I am getting? thanks a lot, see you soon, yan.:grin2:

MrAl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha ha, welcome to the crowd!

I started several years back and now have many lights, most of which are LED.
The LEDs put out a very nice light, that's what does it. You can actually see what
you shine it at without all kinds of lines and circles distorting the view, and the
color rendition with a white LED is pretty good even if it has a slight tint.
Also, the life of most LEDs is very long too, which means you dont have to
constantly change the bulb.
I just feel that someday everything will be LED. A lot of lights in my household
are now LED too (white) and they use very little power compared to ANY other
type of lighting, and they dont burn out like fluorescent bulbs do...geeze i used
to hate constantly buying those things.

In the future, plan on having a lot of LED lights, and also plan on being broke :)

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
yansti said:
my girl friend can t stand it anymore but I just fell in love with these lights
Please let us know which one you decide to keep.

Welcome to CPF!

Illum

Flashaholic
Welcome, you've just been illuminated....resistance is futile but if you are wise you would bury your wallet and run, while you still can!! :crackup:

munkybiz_9881

Enlightened
welcome yansti, a few short months ago I had only a small handfull of lights. I now have over thirty.....yikes. My money goes bye bye. Enjoy!

yansti

Newly Enlightened
thanks a lot to you all for your warm welcome and great humour ;)
I still haven t received my first inova but I allready want a p1 D CE, I also fell in love with the surefire e1L, very compact, it s finish looks flawless(I love the curved glass of the optics) but are the 25 lumens highly inferior to the fenix p1D CE? even tough it s 30 dollars more expensive than the fenix I could go for it if it s not to much inferior, I justlove the looks.... anyway thanks to all and glad to be one of yours :)

coppertrail

Enlightened
Hi and welcome! Up until last week, I had 2 inexpensive lights. I found out Mags were on sale @ Home Depot and I bought about 5 of them. 3 days ago I bought a Dorcy 1W Metal Gear Led Light. 2 days ago I Pre-ordered a Fenix P1D-CE. Last night, I discovered the CPF discounts for OpticsHQ, and ordered a SureFire L4 LumaMax, Pelican 1016 case + foam pad, and 12 Titanium CR123A cells.

Today, I bought a big tube of Nyogel . . . . .

What I'm saying is yes, get out while you can, and hold on to your wallet, it adds up quick!!! :)

Boomerang

Newly Enlightened
yansti said:
thanks a lot to you all for your warm welcome and great humour ;)

anyway thanks to all and glad to be one of yours :)

Now, wait just a minute, son! Just because you done and gone and got yourself a LED flashlight, don't mean we're, I mean, we're related!

Not at all, I mean not at all are we, I mean us, son, responsible for your actions in respect to your financial condition, I said financial condition,
now that you're gonna be, I mean I predict you're gonna be a flashoholic, where the rules change, and it's every and I reiterate, every man for and don't make me repeat myself, son, every man for themselves.

Foghorn Leghorn
ykkfwc

solaris

Newly Enlightened
It all went downhill for me a while back when I wanted to get a new battery for my venerable charger which is approaching its 15th year with me. That led me to these forums and a few months later i'm in deep ordering a custom light from england (beauty orb :) ).

Good luck, sell a body part or something because the desires adds up fast.

faco

Enlightened
I remember when I bought my first LED Light (ARC AAA) and thought I wouldn't mind something bigger and brighter as well………since then I bought much smaller / much bigger and many in-between lights. When I decided to get a SUREFIRE U2, I thought $279 was a lot of cash for a Flashlight. I got the calculator out and used some logic................... ($279 divided by 365 = 76cents a day during the first year and after that it's FREE :) ) use this logic enjoy your stay and Welcome