One of our tanks is missing !

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
It reminds me of an incident here in the states a few years ago when I guy stole a tank and used it to run over a bunch of cars, etc. If I remember correctly, I think it was in Los Angeles, or maybe San Diego.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I saw some helicopter footage of that on one of those "worlds worst drivers" shows, or something similar. The guy was completely unstoppable, destroyed everything. Dropped a whole stoplight assembly and pole and dragged it for a mile, tore a mobile home in half and then was finally stopped when he tried to go over the concrete barricade in the middle of the highway. He ended up with one track on either side and couldn't get off.

Got to thinking he was a little TOO invincible I guess;) If he had stuck to squashing cars he could have done it till he ran out of gas.

Probably not thinking too clearly at that point...

-James

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
It happened here in San Diego. The tank was taken from a poorly guarded Army Reserve facility prior to 911.

I imagine security is tighter now.

T-Rex

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by lemlux:
It happened here in San Diego. The tank was taken from a poorly guarded Army Reserve facility prior to 911.

I imagine security is tighter now.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">May 1995

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
T-Rex:

I should have made it clear that I generally meant pre-911, not shortly before 911.

Nonetheless, have 7 1/2 years gone by that fast? It seems like it was on the evening news more recently than that.

Wow.

T-Rex

Newly Enlightened
No worries, I was just clarifying the time frame.

Yes, 7 1/2 years have gone by THAT fast.

Luckily the "missing" UK tank is unlikely to end up crushing any cars.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Can you imagen waking up and finding that think in your yard!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Brotherscrim

Enlightened
Originally posted by James S:
He ended up with one track on either side and couldn't get off.

Got to thinking he was a little TOO invincible I guess;) If he had stuck to squashing cars he could have done it till he ran out of gas.

Probably not thinking too clearly at that point...

-James
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The sad thing was that there was no reason why he couldn't have gone accross the barricade - if he would have just done it right. He went at the barricade at an angle. If he would have stopped, turned 90 degrees, and then went over the barricade he would have done it easy. Good for us, I suppose, but it still irked me when screwed it up.

--Scrimmy

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Well, my first thought was, "Aren't you guys on an island? How can you lose a tank?"

Second thought, knowing a little (emphasis little) about the British military, I'd really hate to be the poor ******* that signed out the tank. They'll probably deduct it from his pay for the next 20 years.