Late 1930's/Early 1940's Period flashlight?

guncollector

Enlightened
Late 1930\'s/Early 1940\'s Period flashlight?

Speaking of Halloween, this year I've got my Indiana Jones costume all ready--including "Raiders" leather jacket, Fedora, and leather bullwhip.

What would be a period-correct illumination device to accompany the kids trick-or-treating this year? Sorry, their mom won't let me carry a burning torch...

Were there the now-ubiquituous chrome-cylindrical 2D-sized flashlights in existence back in 1938/39, around the time setting of the first Indy film?

I know this is a corny question, but I figured a little history lesson on flashlights could never hurt.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Late 1930\'s/Early 1940\'s Period flashlight?

What about a luxeon-fitted carbide?
grin.gif

Some say its a quick mod...

DonL

Enlightened

Geez, GC, if you lived closer I'd tell you to come by and scrounge your favorite from the box of older lights that I have. Some of them would be perfect.
smile.gif

If you need a costume with a "light" aspect, you could always go as one of the Pennsylvania coal miners with their helmet lamp.

guncollector

Enlightened

hotfoot-
Sorry, no time!

Kirk-
Great link! Wow, that site should be required reading for every flashaholic here at CPF!

DonL-
Thanks for the offer. Next time!

Off to the local "X"-mart to find a "vintage" looking chrome flashlight (didn't know they existed back in 1902!)!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

I saw some "vintage" looking chrome/colors torches (Ray-O-vac?) at our local Walmart. I don't think they were over $5.