Help me make a claymore mine or handgrenade

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
No, not to hurt people with.

First, a little background:

At school, we have a game called "assassins" going on. 97 people signed up this time to play. We get a picture in our email of the person we are supposed to kill and we go kill them by throwing something soft at them (it can't hurt).

I am alive so far (game started monday, only 25 people left), and I hope to make it to the weekend. I am wanting to make a claymore mine out of PCV, and powered by compressed air. It will be released with a sprinkler valve triggered by my wired remote (maybe eventually I'll put on a motion detector and magnets so the magnets are on his door. When the door opens, THEN a movement is detected, it goes off that way it won't go off when random people walk by). What I need is an idea for projectiles. They must not be hard or dense, and a new rule states they must weight at least 1 gram. I WAS going to use the foam balls out of a beanbag chair.... I need ideas for small projectiles that weight about a gram. I am probably going to be using a 1 inch or so barrel, so I would like the projectiles to be around a quarter inch or so. I want to put at LEAST 10, preferably 30+ into the thing. I will test fire the thing at myself starting at low pressures to see if it is safe.

It will be for offensive AND defensive (ie, have dual barrels perhaps, one pivoting so they can aim same direction or opposite direction, then throw out the door to clear the hall of my assassin). The guy happens to live in the same town I do...hopefully he will go home this weekend :) He won't be expecting to be attacked there (the facilitator has already ruled that I can do that).

So, any ideas?

No explosives!

Spud

Greta

Flashaholic
Uh... whatever happened to kids just playing cowboys and indians???
confused.gif
icon3.gif
confused.gif

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Hehe, think of this as a modern day cowboys and indians. Well, more like terrorist and antiterrorist or something. It is a LOT of fun, but SURE gets you paranoid!!! The other night I left my door open but turned off all the lights. I was reading on my laptop, and any time I would hear footsteps I'd hit the power button for the screen so I'd be submerged in darkness. Sure enough, eventually MY assassin walks by (I had a description of him). He passed, then stopped ( I saw a fuzzy reflection off of my whiteboard) as he realized he saw an outline sitting in the chair, then kept walking. Son, now I know what he looks like :)

So much fun.

Spud

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not quite what you had in mind but how about a little mouse trap. Run a thread across the enterance and have the trap launch a bunch of foam balls towards him.

Let me take a moment to say I don`t approve of this game in todays heated climate. Some one might see you setting up and you`ll end up in the slammer.

If we see you making typing errors in the near future we will know the trap went of a little to soon.

Good luck...and try to keep in touch.

Ken

Eric_M

Enlightened
Ping Pong Balls.

Light, won't go too far and won't hurt anyone.

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Well the outside his house thing is out now
frown.gif
My bounty hunter just got him, so I have a new guy I have never seen before. I live in the dorms, so if I do the claymore thing, I don't have to worry about people calling the cops, just the target. The problem I have is I don't know where to get little foam balls that weigh about a gram. I already have the stuff to make a claymore, plus that would be more accurate (it is hard to aim stuff with a mouse trap, I know as I've had to do that before, it didn't work). Plus I could shoot more with my mine.

There is a prize for the most inventive kill, if I get this, it will definately win.

This game is at a small campus (under 5000) and most KNOW about the game, so it isn't a big deal to see guys in trench coats with a nerf gun or whatever. The game is limited to only those in THIS dorm, and most of the action takes place in the dorm or on the small campus, so we don't really have to worry about some person calling the cops unless a law is broken (rapelling out windows, etc).

Spud

Edit: two replys during my one

Pingpong balls aren't a bad idea, but I need a LOT of them, and they aren't really cheap. They would however, pretty much fit right in the PVC pipe (aren't they around an inch or incha nd a quarter diamter?). I was thinking smaller, though I may not have much choice as I don't know where to get medium sized foam balls.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darn, thought I'd get to try out my anarchist explosives directory finally. I am thinking back to my old paintball days. They had a"grnade" which was a rubber bladder filled with paint and air. Operated like throwing a ballon, the nozzle was open and the internal pressure would force the bladder to flop around and spew paint. It was made by Tippman. Perhaps fill a balloon with air, secyre the end with a clothes pin or clip, rig so that opening door or entry would pull the pin releaseing air from balloon. There ya go! A Sarin gas bomb or nerve agent just released in their presence. i'll try to think of more and post them (there goes the bandwidth!)

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can go with styrofoam instead of ping pong then you can get lots of different sizes cheap from any craft store like Michaels and they probably even carry them at walmart.

If they are too light and don't fly or don't qualify as over a gram then you could press a penny or small washer or something into the middle of them. It still wouldn't hurt but they would have enough mass to fly a bit better.

Let us know what happens and be sure to take a picture of your apparatus;)

-James

Greta

Flashaholic
Spud,

Go to Kmart... the crafts section. Find the little fuzzy balls that are used to make those annoying little creatures with feet and eyeballs that you can stick on your phone (that's where I put mine) or wherever. Or if you can find a string of that ball fringe that your great-grandmother had on all of her drapes and/or lamps or that you see dangling around the windshields of low-riders...
wink.gif

BTW... this game isn't so new... we played it in the barracks when I was at the Presidio of Monterey... in 1981!!
shocked.gif
winkie.GIF
(that's how I met my husband... he was my target... I won...
grin.gif
)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

wadded up dollar bills, weigh about a gram each, that'll confuse 'em long enough for your counterstrike..
smile.gif
(seen "Sum of All Fears" yet?)

hartage

Newly Enlightened
Geez, sounds like fun (back when I was in school) I'd just hate for one of you guys to mistake my house for one of your team mates go sneaking around and get yer head ventalated. Somone peeking in my windows wearing a trench coat is bound to get my attention real fast.
smile.gif

Stefan

Enlightened
You might have to weigh it (not sure how heavy it is) but remember as a kid you had a rubber ball attached to a rubber band attached to a wooden paddle? Just remove the paddle. Getting my idea?

Rotten Ron

Newly Enlightened
Ive seen some small lite foam balls in a majic store once. You could hold at least 20 in one hand.

PsycoBob[Q2]

Enlightened
Paintball gun that shoots spare mouse-balls.
Or super-bouncy balls. Just make sure to crank the muzzle-velocity knob way down.

Harrkev

Enlightened
A friend of mine actually made a "painball mine." He even holds a patent, and sold some to West Point for training. It is basicly a plastic pop-up sprinker head screwed into an aluminum body. You fill up the body with paint, and use an air compressor to pressurize it (through an attached valve). There are two metal pieces which sort of lock together over the sprinkler head. If you step on it, the head pops up and sprays paint everywhere.