Question about running rechargables in E2L

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering if it would be safe for me to run one 17670 cell in an E2L. I got this set-up to run my A19 CREE head on the E2 body, but I just fried my A19 head by running it on 2 RC123 3.7V. I later found out that I needed to run it with one 17670. Now I have an E2L coming and was wondering if I can run that battery set-up with the KL1 head. Also, do you think the sandwich shoppe would possibly be able to fix my A19 CREE head assembly for a fee if I sent it to them.....I would really hate to have to buy another because I loved that light :awman:

ksc73164

Newly Enlightened
The KL1 on your E2L will run on voltages from 3 to 9, so you could run it on 1 X 17670 (17mm dia should fit) or 2 X RCR123.

Scot

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Strauss, you poor guy. UGH!! Fried your A19 Cree LE!! Which LE (light engine) did you get with the A19 Cree setup? By the way, welcome to CPF. The LE's are difficult if not impossible to repair if damaged. Does the A19 light up, but with diminished brightness? In future you have got to read the specs closely on the particular circuit in an Aleph LE, and any circuit in any led light. Some circuits can tolerate 2XLiIon's, while others may only handle one CR123, or one LiIon. I hope this works out for you.

Bill