i think my surefire may have saved my life.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi ALL

this is kinda a long story so please ber with me. yesterday i got my new m3t in the mail from a trade with Oregonshooter anyway it was raining all day long and it was freezing cold so that means i got to play with my new light all day in the house. so i went to bed later that night kinda early cuz i wasnt feeling so well. then i woke up to crashing all around and on the house and my vehicle was out under a tree so was my brothers suv. so i woke him up then we went outside and went our seprate ways. as i was walking to my vehicle i herd a large snapping sound so i whipped out my surefire m3t and pionted it up in the tree just as i saw it coming down so i hurried up and ran to get out of the way of the falling 300+ tree banch that had about 150+ pounds of ice on it. I know that if i didnt have my m3t i wouldnt have seen where the branch was falling and most likley would have been crushed, i dont know if killed but serisly injured.

thank you for letting me share my story.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Incredible! How fortunate and timely for that bright light to be in your possession. A less bright light may not have saved you because less light could have required more visual acquisition time and you didn't have a 1/2 second to spare.

Sometimes a very bright light is best. Wheew!!!

ksc73164

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't disagree more, your story isn't that long at all.
:laughing:
Tornado in 79; flood in 93; been in car wrecks; stopped to help at car wrecks; been stuck; broke down; power failures; etc. This is why I decided it might be handy to have a good flashlight or two. Glad you weren't hurt.

Scot

Danbo

Enlightened
Woah! I interpret his story differently. I say that it was the Allmighty Surefire shining up at the branch, that redirected the branch away from you. ;) :) Pretty cool. :)

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I got from that story is you need a brighter light (USL?) that branch should have turned to ashes by the beam by the time you caught it in your sights. :grin2:

Good story and it wasn't long at all.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
tebore said:
Good story and it wasn't long at all.
i know but when you are typing on a computer i mean being from America i am lazy you tend to leave out a lot more then when you tell it in your head.

Last edited:

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
matrixshaman said:
Glad you are fine and thanks for sharing. I'd send your story in to Surefire - couldn't hurt and they like to post that kind of stuff.
ive tried to send one before and nothing happend not even a computer sent letter saying thank you for chosing surefire heck i bet you have to send it to somone big at surefire for it to even get read.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes that is the best part of the story is that i am ok. as we speek more tree limbs are falling outside, i know every time i have to go out there i will always have my m3t with me.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you're ok, sent your story to Surefire, if they accepted you'll get a free light, if not then you only waste a few minutes to type.

Wetterman

Newly Enlightened
Check the spelling of your story next time you send it to Surefire. Maybe they couldn't read it. :)

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:laughing: Yes, do use a spellcheck feature before sending in the story! Thanks for sharing BMB.