Fenix legos and mods

jayhackett03

Enlightened
what mods and assembly cominations are possible with Fenix lights. example: millermods L1P/L2P with 123 body, etc.

jayhackett03

Enlightened
ok...so that will overdrive the L1P LED and make it really bright, right? :)

I find it hard to believe that a 1.5volt LED can handle 3.7 volts.

kevinm

Enlightened
I've yet to meet a Luxeon that can't handle 3.7V Vf. Most require more. The driver board bumps the 1.5V to 3.5-4V. Depending on how the driver board does this, that can mean that 3.7 becomes 9.2V (which kills most Luxeons) or it can go into a direct drive mode. I don't know if the L1P goes into a direct drive mode, but the L2P can.

Kevin

Kalinux

Newly Enlightened
kevinm said:
I've yet to meet a Luxeon that can't handle 3.7V Vf. Most require more. The driver board bumps the 1.5V to 3.5-4V. Depending on how the driver board does this, that can mean that 3.7 becomes 9.2V (which kills most Luxeons) or it can go into a direct drive mode. I don't know if the L1P goes into a direct drive mode, but the L2P can.

Kevin
I'm talking about L1(p) v2.0....v2.0 driver can handle from 0.9 to 4.2v

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
kevinm said:

Kevin

Both the L2P and L1P drivers can do direct drive once the input voltage exceeds the range.