Huntlight

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do a write up on it while you are waiting to do the photos. I am sure someone will volunteer to give you assistance on the photos.

I am anxious to hear about this light as I have one on the way when it ships from JS Burly's.

:bumpit:

-Goatee

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
1.The beamshot against the wall about 12 feet .

2. The beamshot comparison with FT-01PJ ( T-bin)

3.Both are running RCR fresh off the charger FT-01 with RCR3v while the FTXSE Cree on LIR3.7v

4.Tail cap spring comparison.

5.LED comparison.

Sorry for the bad image - not really a photographer.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personaly i think the beamshots is the same with Inova T4 or Inova T5.
I will make comparison with the T3 that i have later at night.
But on RCR3.7v this little monster is a real screamer with good sidespill.
:naughty:

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
The strobe function very bright and i think the same pattern as Fenix's flashlight and the jetBeam.The SOS function is the same as the nuwai ALX 352-L but of course brighter.The different between Huntlight Cree version and the U bin version is that the Cree version doesn't have glow o-ring on the reflector other than the multi level function.

Last edited:

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
new photos added http://profile.imageshack.us/user/nanotech17/

Some issue with both FT-01PJ & FT01XSE :-
1.when using LIR 3.7v both lights will blink and flickered,on FT01XSE that flickered thing will disturb the driver hence the FT01XSE will switch level automatically.
2.LIR 3.7v on FT01PJ will flickered as well.
3.Unprotected 18650 cell in FT01XSE fit but won't fire up becoz the cell is shorter by some mm but with AW 17670 protected fit .Maybe you should add some sort of spacer will fire up the FT01XSE.
4.The head and body are interchangeable to each other but FT01XSE head will not have multilevel functions on FT01PJ body vice versa.

Flashlight Enthusiast
NewBie said:
Wow, and I thought the Fenix had a decent ring, this Huntlight looks even worse:

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/nanotech17/images/detail/206/pc220059wh2.jpg

It reminds me a lot of a picture of Saturn.

NewBie,

I hate to say it, but you are clearly experiencing an illusion.:lolsign: Engineers have tested the beams from these Cree based lights, and they have found that there is no dark spots around the hot spot... at least these illusionary rings are not detectable to anyone but white wall hunters.

Just kidding, I just found the response by Fenix engineers about the clear rings in the Fenix beams to be a little funny.

I have one of these lights coming in, and I will need to judge for myself. I have become accustomed to donuts, now I will need to see if I can become accustomed to rings... Yikes.

-Goatee

ukmike

Newly Enlightened
What have the delivery times been like for the Huntlight as i am wondering when i should expect it to arrive. Bought it via jsb on 16/12?

Has anyone in the UK ordered one since and received it yet?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered mine the first day that they were announced and I received notice that it shipped today.

-Goatee