Neoca Tris/DD Multilevel Converter - Preview

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me introduce my first fully developed converter, the Neoca TRIS/DD.

This converter is based on the excellent idea of our fellow CPFer DJPark. I extended the idea with a twist :D, instead of long click sessions to enter different settings I added an additional component: a Hall Sensor, this device acts like a switch in presence of a magnetic field.

Having this switch in the converter opens a world of possibilities, Im just presenting one today, but in the future more firmwares can be developed to do different tasks.

The firmware when first run is configured for three diferent levels: High, Medium and Low plus Strobo mode. But then the user can rearrange these three levels at will, for example invert the brightness order. This is also usefull because the 1st level sets the brightness for the strobo mode.

To select brightness of each level, the unit cycles the brightness from low to high until the magnet is released.

The Strobo mode is not saved, this means that the next time you turn on the unit it will start in the 1st level.

Here is a picture of the final protoboard, with comments on every component of it:

trilevel02

And here is the flowchart of the current firmware with the User Manual on the side

trilevel01

The converter will be direct drive or will use a LDO regulator I'm still not decided, it will run on a single rechargeable 3.6v Li-Ion batt. The size will be 0.55" circular which is the standard sandwich/LE size.

I plan to make these converters available around March.

Hope you all like it.

Pablo

greenLED

Flashaholic
This would be a nice solution for a 100% sealed headlamp light - you wouldn't have to worry about a switch breaking the watertight seal.

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure would like to go into the future and see the head Peu will design/make for this circuit/switch combo.... :popcorn: