Protect plastic lens from scratches

fishx65

Enlightened
Put some clear write-right on all my plastic lensed lights about a year ago and it's working great! Found it at Walmart by the cellphone stuff. It's crystal clear, not the stuff that diffuses the beam. I think it was 10 bucks for 5 small sheets. It doesn't affect the beam at all. Just thought I'd share!

FishX

fishx65

Enlightened
I just use that stuff for my cheapo/good lights. I tend to beat the crap out of the ones I use the most. I've got a propoly that looks like I had the lens fogged! Streamlight sent me a replacement lens for free so I started puting that stuff on to protect the lens from scratches.

FishX

Marlite

Enlightened
fishx65 said:
I just use that stuff for my cheapo/good lights. I tend to beat the crap out of the ones I use the most. I've got a propoly that looks like I had the lens fogged! Streamlight sent me a replacement lens for free so I started puting that stuff on to protect the lens from scratches.

FishX

FishX

Helpful member srvtec pointed us to Circuit City in his postings to avail ourselves of Write Right Screen Protectors w/glare guard on sale for under $4.00 for 12 sheets incl. shipping. Purty cheep! Worked good on the mag 2C with super ringy beam. Less noticeable now. Plain or clear may be even cheaper. Access address and info in the thread is very well covered. Works on my cell phone and daughters camera too! Hope it's still on!

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/92270

A Cheer to srvtec for this and Ken B. too,
Marlite

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you cut the write-right or whatever to cover your lens, remember to keep a little tab on one side so you'll have something to grab (with tweezers) when you want to remove your protector. Otherwise you might scratch the lens digging to get one edge of the protector lifted so it can be pulled off.

Just a thought.