2003 Impala LS with Sports Appearance Package

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I don't have one. Does it come with a supercharger? I have a 2000 LS. I was wondering if you heard about the Implala SS that's supposed to come out mid 03 with the 3.8 liter supercharged V6?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Nope. There isn't one with the super-charger yet. I bought my 1st Impala in '99-'00. Even back then, I was hearing stories about the super-charger version coming out "soon". I'm glad I didn't hold off waiting.

I traded in my '00 LS for an '03 LS with the SAP. The SAP didn't add anything to performance, just the looks of the car a bit.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Motor Trend stated that Chevy was coming out with the '03 Supercharged Impala SS in mid year.

It's only 40 more horsepower. I wouldn't buy one unless they crank up the hp to 250+

Saaby

Flashaholic
For a great, family-sized, supercharged engine...go with the Saab
grin.gif

200 Hp out of a 4 Cyl engine that gets great gas milage and has tons of low end torque? Sign me up..

iddibhai

Enlightened
Saaby! how could you make a faux pas with a *saab*... volvo's would fit the bill as well, LPT great for driveability (neither saab nor volvo seem to get caught up in HP wars, focussing on driveability with LPT for the most part, and HOTs for the power junkies
wink.gif
)

Saaby

Flashaholic
Volvos stink! (Right now)

In 1996ish (About the time Ford bought Volvo) their QC dived big time! Hasn't gotten back...yet

iddibhai

Enlightened
i dunno, the 850>x70/x80 line appears less prone to cost an arm/leg to fix and less often... if anything i'd guess qc went up. same with jag and ford... all those nasty electrical gremlin. gm/ford may own saab/volvo but they are still generally independant in design (trend is moving towards a unified architecture for chassis/block) while benefitting from large fiscal reserves of the parent corp for r&d