Question for Orb Raw Owners

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
In your standard Orb Raw 3 watt what happens if you run just a primary CR2 cell? Mine is coming with a Cree XR-E, and if I understand correctly you'll get very low output (8-10ma) for an extremely long time (30hrs). Does this sound correct??? I assume this won't hurt the light at all. Also, does anyone have the Orb Raw with 190 lumen red? What are the run times on that in low and high?

Thank you,

Nick

quokked

Enlightened
You can run a standard 3W orb on a CR2 Primary, you get a little less output and a little bit less runtime
http://www.theorb.co.uk/pics/technical/target0.html
Rob has a picture on his website's technical gallery

I've got a couple of CR2's i have to do some runtime tests on :)
With the 3W luxeons i've had no problems with the CR2 primarys at all,

With the runtimes with the Cree XR-E's i don't know really :(

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
nmiller said:
In your standard Orb Raw 3 watt what happens if you run just a primary CR2 cell? Mine is coming with a Cree XR-E, and if I understand correctly you'll get very low output (8-10ma) for an extremely long time (30hrs). Does this sound correct??? I assume this won't hurt the light at all. Also, does anyone have the Orb Raw with 190 lumen red? What are the run times on that in low and high?

Thank you,

Nick
Did you mean 8-10 Lumens rather than milliamps? I don't think running it on a primary will have it draw 8-10ma since it is direct drive I believe - it will draw more than 8-10 ma I think by quite a bit. Correct that it won't hurt anything.