It was bound to happen...

ledaholic

Enlightened
Last night I got a call from the neighbor. She said some barbed wire had come loose from the fence and was worried her horse might get tangeled in it. She asked if I had a flashlight and could I help her fix the fence. I just happened to have a bunch of lights sitting on the table, just got a few new ones and just finished modding a couple with some XR-E's. I said sure, I'll be right over. I started looking at all the lights and could not figure which one to take! Too many decisions! What, take a brand new light out in the horse pasture and possibly scratch it or worse drop it in something! I just sat there in a daze, so many to choose from. Finally I decided to take the new Lumapower DX-1 and my XR-E modded Q3. The DX-1 is bad @ss and the Q3 with XR-E@500ma is pretty cool too.

Bob

amlim

Enlightened
Man.... Your reasoning is way off. Thats it. By the power vested in me under section 21 of the Flashlight Act, I am relieving you of all your flashlights. That includes the cheap knock-off Photon in your pocket. You should bring a normal M*g. Then you don't have to worry about damaging it.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
ledaholic said:
She said some barbed wire had come loose from the fence and was worried her horse might get tangeled in it.
LMAO! I read this line like four times before I realize that you wrote HORSE and not house. :crazy:

NAW

Enlightened
ledaholic said:
She said wow,thats bright! You paid how much?

I would have said:

I paid $4.99 at Walmart and thats not even with tax. :)

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
amlim said:
You should bring a normal M*g. Then you don't have to worry about damaging it.
:huh2: What's the point of having a bunch of really nice expensive flashlights if you don't actually use them for fear of damaging them?

DCarlton

Newly Enlightened
I nearly cried when my two or so day old U2 was used by an idiot at work as a hammer. Now it has many battle (character) scars! I completly understand the want to keep em looking new, holds value better, shows you care for your tools etc

Merry X-mass

swampgator

Enlightened
Stereodude said:
What's the point of having a bunch of really nice expensive flashlights if you don't actually use them for fear of damaging them?

I remember watching my first maglite go rolling down an embankment. I looked at my partner at the time and he said, "that's gonna look pretty cool when it's over."

Now my beloved 4D has so many scars it's cool!

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stereodude said:
:huh2: What's the point of having a bunch of really nice expensive flashlights if you don't actually use them for fear of damaging them?

Amen, brother!

Lights are tools. I'd have taken my latest and greatest; if it gets scratched I wouldn't care, it'll be the first scratch of many! If it can't be dropped in horse pookie and washed off again, then I'd be kicking myself for buying an almost completely useless light.

:buddies:

Traglite

Newly Enlightened
Its only the first scratch that hurts. I'd have put a headlamp on the horse and giving her a $.99 Rayovac. LOL. Actually since you had so many lights you should have just turned them all on from where you were and just pointed them at the neighbors house. Good time to do runtime tests.

jwl

Enlightened
Yes, that first scratch really :mad: :awman: . I remember watching my newly built 4D Mag roll out the door of the van when my wife opened the door. Smack! Right on the concrete driveway, dinged up the head and tail. Today I dropped my 2 week old Fenix P1D CE on the driveway, dinged up the corner of the bezel and the tail. Oh well, it WAS perfect up till then.

Flashlight Enthusiast
DCarlton said:
I nearly cried when my two or so day old U2 was used by an idiot at work as a hammer. Now it has many battle (character) scars! I completly understand the want to keep em looking new, holds value better, shows you care for your tools etc

Merry X-mass

You should of said nice hammer is it yours (when he says no) O thats mine and you now owe me $300 US for damaging it. Take the batteries out put them in backwards show him its broken brandish reciept and say ehllo to your new SUREfire U2.

DCarlton

Newly Enlightened
65535 said:
You should of said nice hammer is it yours (when he says no) O thats mine and you now owe me $300 US for damaging it. Take the batteries out put them in backwards show him its broken brandish reciept and say ehllo to your new SUREfire U2.

Others at work said I should ask him to replace. When he learnt of its value from others, his response was to say it looked like cheep rubbish and I should not have brought it to work if I cared about it that much. Arrogant twit.

A lot can be done with heat shrink tubing / o rings / pipe end caps / amalgamating tape etc if you really want to keep things looking new.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
He should not have brought his car to work if he cared about it. Turn it upside down in the parking lot.

TwoGuns

Newly Enlightened
People always make fun of ya for having so many flashlights, but they're always the first to ask to borrow one. :)