Depending on where you are...

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
tonight is our night! The Winter Solstice is upon us. I have to go to a B-Day dinner tonight that involves a very long drive. I shall have my trusty E2D strapped to my hip with a full spares carrier in my jacket pocket.

Anybody do anything special for the Solstice?

For us Northerners Flashlight season has officially begun. Take heart my Southern Brethren, at least your not freezing your buns off!

Cheers!!!

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I began the celebration early - last night - with a long walk in the state forest near my home. Took the dog, Apex, X5T, Ultra G and just in case...my hot rodded TL-3. Oh ya, my EDCs: Arc AAA & Inova Micro went along too.

Is that appropriate coverage or just insanity?

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
jayflash said:
I began the celebration early - last night - with a long walk in the state forest near my home. Took the dog, Apex, X5T, Ultra G and just in case...my hot rodded TL-3. Oh ya, my EDCs: Arc AAA & Inova Micro went along too.

Wow, I'm a little surprised you went out there with so little coverage. What if you'd needed some light? :grin2:

- FITP

metalhed

Enlightened
Well, today's the day!! Woo...Hooo!!!

I've been a little under-the-weather for the past couple of days, but knowing that other flashlight aficionados, fiends, and addicts are celebrating today (at least in a tongue-in-cheek fashion), makes everything just fine.

Remember to shine your lights northward tonight, no matter where on the globe you live. Maybe we can give the folks in the far northern locales of Earth a little 'Northern Lights' show as a winter gift.

Can't hurt. Plus, it'll make your neighbors think your nuts (if they don't already.)

:laughing:

BTW...

jayflash said:

Yes.

jayhackett03

Enlightened
jayflash said:

how is it hot rodded?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TL-3 has a pair of LiIon cells driving the #1499 Carley lamp from litho123. Noticeably brighter than stock. At twice the current load, it should be.

I found my L1P hiding in one of the pockets, too. That's gotta be too many lights...right?