TSA: Wonder if they will put a ban now that...

SureF1reFan

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure that all of you have seen the 4100 Lumen fire starter...

Wonder what will happen when a TSA executive see's that video...

No more flashlights on the airplanes for us.

What do you all think?

SureF1reFan

Newly Enlightened
Don't execs of all sorts use the Internet?!
One of our execs at the company I work for spends more time on the Internet then I do! On top of that he has more flashlights then I could stuff in a over night bag.

It's amazing what people see on the news and believe, and then take action on it.

The news agencies troll the web too :)

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
deranged_coder said:
You really think TSA execs watch youtube or break.com and create policies from that? :thinking:
Considering many of the policies I have seen-YES!

infection0

Newly Enlightened
AndyTiedye said:
They'll let you on if you're willing to turn it on pointed at yourself.

ouch, wonder what they would think if you spontaneously combust after that

Flashlight Enthusiast
infection0 said:
ouch, wonder what they would think if you spontaneously combust after that

I think there are to many ways to make fire and explosions so um what Im saying is most terrorists are to stupid to use normal standard devices and modify them...well ya but I was thinking hmm I bet they don't allow lights larger than ~6" since it could be used as a blunt impact weapon. Shh dont let TSA here that they haven't figured that out yet.

Gaffle

Enlightened
I am going to St.Lucia in Feb for our honeymoon. I plan on bringing at least my propoly lux, X5, and my Myo Xp. So I should have no issues taking these on a carry-on?

cutlerylover

Banned
you can kill someone with a spoon if you wanted to...almost anything can be dangerous...I would imagine that even if they saw that video they could assume that the masses do not have flashlights that powerfull, but hey you never know...only time will tell right...

Glen C

Enlightened
It depends on what level of alert is around at the time. I shouted my mother a trip to NY a month ago and she took everything including the kitchen sink. A little while before my neighbour was flying from London to Sydney when there was a high alert, they would only let them take a wallet and passport in a 6 x 8" plastic bag. They would not even let them take a usb drive as they thought it could be a remote detonator.

They two countries who demand the highest levels of scrutiny (as they should as they are the biggest targets) are obviously the US and UK.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
I'm posting this while I am at my boarding gate at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) waiting for my flight home to the Philippines to depart.

Currently with me are:
  • Surefire K2 KROMA (jacket pocket)
  • JetBeam Jet-I MkII TAD Edition (pants pocket)
  • Photon Freedom (around my neck)
  • Surefire L4 (laptop bag)
  • Surefire U2 (backpack)

So they're still allowing flashlights on airplanes... :)