Nuwai 253

arty

Enlightened
This is a bright light, but does it have as wide a beam as the Surefire L4? I haven't been able to find beamshots using the search function.

I am looking to save a little $. The Nuwai has the advantage of long runtime, but I do want a wide, bright flood. If it doesn't have the flood, I may have to spring for the L2 or another L4.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you mean the ALX352-L? It has a floody beam with 3 brightness levels and strobe.
Good light for the money, build like a tank and the best, the body can be bored to fit 1x18650 cell:)

Best regards

____
Tom

arty

Enlightened
Tom - Thanks.
There is a Nuwai ALX253. It takes 3 batteries and has a longer runtime. The model is about the same price.
I wondered about the width of the flood, and whether it is as wide as the Surefires (L2, L4). The L4 has the suspect clickie (?) and is more than 2X the price of the Nuwai models. It would be worth it if the flood pattern were really different.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
arty, the beams are comparable, but the tint at mine isn't great, very blueish, so I'll swap the Led to a WX0S.

The formfactor is better than the 3-cell IMO. Runtimes are great:

about 1h45m on high, 3h30m on mid and 7h on low with one 18650 cell.

Best regards

____
Tom

arty

Enlightened
Tom - On your Nuwai - Is the tint as blue on high? How are the runtimes on primary batteries?

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
arty, yes blue on all levels. But it doesn't mean, that all Nuwai's will have the same blueish Led. Perhaps other's are better (Lux-Lotterie). Runtimes are about like the manufacturer stated, 1-2-4 hours with good regulation. You can also run the light with one RCR123 and a spacer very safe. Other members reported, using the light with 2xRCR123 cells but at mine don't work the low and mid level with 2xLiIon's.(2x3,7V). 2x3V works.

Best regards

_____
Tom