Today is election day; go vote.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I haven't jumped in on the other politico threads and I do bite my tongue when reading some of them though. On the one hand I do care who and what you vote for but more importantly, today is election day and all CPF members should vote.

Heck, if our membership grows the parties would have to woo us for our votes. In a few years we could as influential as the NRA or AARP.
grin.gif
We could even send Darell to D.C. as our lobbyist.
shocked.gif

Just remember our election day mottos, "Take your flashlight and vote after it's dark." or "Voting after dark is more fun."
cool.gif
smile.gif
shocked.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Even more important than voting today, is studying the issues and condidates WAY before today. I sure wish there was more emphasis placed on THAT aspect of voting. But alas, all we hear is "get out and Vote!" I'd much rather hear "get out and LEARN!"

Me a lobbyist? I don't THINK so! I never thought I'd become a political activist of any type - until I procured my first EV.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Originally posted by darell:
Even more important than voting today, is studying the issues and condidates WAY before today. I sure wish there was more emphasis placed on THAT aspect of voting. But alas, all we hear is "get out and Vote!" I'd much rather hear "get out and LEARN!"

...snip...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I can't agree more! I'm probably a lot more involved with elections than most (I work at one of the network's elections desk (My software runs the desk)). I voted early YESTERDAY AM, and I'm sitting here watching the vote come in this morning (It's Wednesday at 1:10am here in NYC)
yellowsleep.gif

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I couldn't agree more about becoming educated on the issues before pulling the lever.

I usually volunteer to be my local precinct inspector (I'm the guy in charge of the ballots) and it's almost sad to see people standing there reading the sample ballot with the clear message that they haven't done their homework and they're winging it.

I am in favor of a return of the poll tax. Any takers?

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Originally posted by Wits' End:
Yes, I hope you too cast an informed vote on Tuesday or earlier.
Here is something that I hope won't offend our Florida members.

...snip image...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">We have it hanging on the wall at work

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Originally posted by Harrkev:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Wits' End:

Here is something that I hope won't offend our Florida members.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is from all of Florida:
twak.gif
twak.gif
twak.gif

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ouch Ouch Ouch
OK OK sorry Florida. I guess you got this election RIGHT this time