Flashlights and firearms

guncollector

Enlightened
Any of you flashaholics also gun owners? If so, what type of firearms do you own, collect, or shoot.

Seems to me there is a strong and similar appeal of high-tech flashlights and firearms to the average CPF gearhead.

And to our European and Asian lumen-loving brethren (except maybe the Swiss), I'm sorry your respective Governments don't trust firearms in the hands of the peasants.

lessing

Newly Enlightened
I live in the land of communism, i.e. New Jersey and have managed a small collection of arms.

Sig 226 9mm with recoil reducer and ported extended barrel
Ruger Mark 1 fully tricked with bull barrel and compensator
H&K SL8-1 Black converted to take AR-15 style mags
Custom Remington model 700BDL in .270 winchester
SKS
FR-8 HK conversion
Stainless Ruger 10/22
Winchester model 24 double 20 16 12 gauge
and a couple others

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would not even think of admitting to be a gun owner. Freedom loving people of Illinois will soon be feeling the effects of Comrade Blagojevich being elected Govenor.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the whole gun issue is a bit taboo with the politicians, mainly because anything seen as taking away one's personal security for strictly political reasons is being seen as taboo...But you folks in Illinois may be in store for a touch of over liberal California-itis...Anyways...

I have two pistolas:
a SIG P229, which is a damn fine piece.
a H&K USP-9, which i like, but I'm thinking of selling, and getting something a bit smaller.

Duty gun is a Beretta 96GT, which is a good gun, but the damn thing is too big and too heavy...

--dan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

You'll find in another post that I carry a very old design but highly updated. It is my choice and prerogative. The design has worked very well for me and many others. I've specifically avoided topics about firearms, blades, and politics on this board.

There are many other internet BBs covering the subject of this thread. They seem to regurgitate topics every 3 months or so.

I suspect that since I've carried and deployed these tools for almost 40 years now, I become bored with discussing them.

Brotherscrim

Enlightened
I have an AR-15, switched out the collapsable stock with a wooden one. Used to own a Barretta 9mm, and a sweet 12 gauge semi-auto shotgun I am embarrased to say I no longer recall the make of.

But I'm selling the last of my weapons shortly, and soon I shall be without a firearm.

--Scrimmy

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Wolfen:
I would not even think of admitting to be a gun owner. Freedom loving people of Illinois will soon be feeling the effects of Comrade Blagojevich being elected Govenor.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Our new Governor here in Michigan would also love to take our guns away.

Just my deer gun it's a Remington 870 with a fully rifled barrel and a Leopold 1.5 to 5 power scope it also has a fully parkerised (spelling?)finish. It's great for Lower Michigan were you can not use a rifle it shoots a five inch group at 100 yards with copper sabot slugs.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is an older thread on this board about what people carry daily and one on what guns we have. They are long threads.
I carry a Colt Pocket Nine. Dehorned and action smoothed by MacDougal, Scott & Associates and custom ultra thin white oak grips. The smallest 9mm made.
Around the house is:
FN-FAL .308
12ga Mossburg pump full dress combat M590A1
SKS
12ga Mossburg auto
Ruger 10/22
Kimber Hicap .45
S&W 686 .357
Colt Woodsman .22

mikep

Enlightened
I really like talking firearms on this board specifically since there are a lot of 'non-gun' (but open minded) people here. Currently a Glock 17 (9mm) and a Kimber (1911-style .45 ACP).

I, too fear for the near future of legal gun owners in IL. Somehow I don't think the inevitable 'gun control' laws under the new regime are going to make any criminals lose sleep.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Here's what I have scattered around the house:

Colt M1991A1 Commander Model 45ACP w/ Leupold Laser sight
Ruger Mark 1 (Bull Barrel and target grips)
Ruger 10/22
Browinig BL-22 22cal Lever Action
Marlin 336CS 30-30
CVA .50cal M/L

guncollector

Enlightened
While I remain a staunch defender of the Second Amendment, I am going through a similar phase as KT.

Suffice to say, I've owned and traded alot of the guns out there--short of the really exotic stuff (i.e. Class III [full-auto]). I have an 03-FFL C&R License, and enjoy C&R guns more these days, due to their historic appeal.

Having collected firearms for over 13 years, my enthusiasm has waned a bit. I have been thinning the herd of my collection most recently, in an attempt to get it down to a "manageable number" (i.e. not needing a spreadsheet to keep track of 'em all).

Anyway, to save bandwidth, I'll just list some favorites:

Pistols: Glocks for self-defense, 1911's for pure visceral appeal. I also enjoy much of the old Soviet-block pistols (i.e. Makarov, CZ-52, CZ-70, Radom, etc.).

Revolvers: S&W's by and large, with some old historic Colts thrown in. Love the old Peacemaker-style single-actions.

Shotguns: Browning Citori O/U's, Remington 11-87 Police (Vang Comp)

Rifles: Where to begin? For black rifles: AR's and FAL's. For historic: M1 Garand and Springfield '03.

I'm sure I'm leaving a bunch of stuff out, but that's just what comes to the top of my mind.

Glad there are like-minded 2A supporters amongst the CPF population.
smile.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
[QB]Posted by KT..snip[q]I carry a very old design but highly updated.[/QUOTE]Comparable to a plain jane Mustang after C Shelby updated it.
icon15.gif

Posted by Brotherscrim
But I'm selling the last of my weapons shortly, and soon I shall be without a firearm.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Let me know about your AR-15 when you are ready to sell.
Posted by guncollector..snip
Shotguns: Remington 11-87 Police (Vang Comp)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I am
icon15.gif
with shotgun envy. Mr.Vang is the best with no peer.
I have an 03-FFL C&R License
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What is a C&R?

guncollector

Enlightened
mikep writes:
C&R- Curio and Relic. Check out Cruffler.com
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Exactly.

A Curio & Relic (C&R) firearms is classified by the BATF as any firearm over 50-years old. Additionally, the BATF my arbitrarily classify firearms less-than 50-years old as "Curio & Relic" if it is deemed to be a "rare edition" or "oddball". There is not much rhyme or reason to the classification process, but many military surplus firearms (of all ages) are classified as C&R.

The BATF issues different levels of Firearms License permits. Dealers generally-speaking possess Type 01-FFL's, while collectors like myself can apply for and obtain Type 03-FFL (Curio & Relic)'s.

03-FFL holders can take direct delivery of C&R guns from wholesalers, distributors, or other 01/03-FFL holders. However, often State Laws will modify or restrict the types and deliveries of C&R guns.

HTH

notos&w

Enlightened
glock 17
beretta 96 centurion
beretta mini-cougar
remington 7400
remington 870 w/ 19" barrel and 7 shot extension
ruger 22/45
ruger super single six
benelli nova
marlin .22
rossi .38

MicroE

Enlightened
Hypothetical question.
If a person doesn't own any firearms but wanted to learn more about them (safe handling, etc.) where would one start?---Marc