What's the next big flashlight shock going to be?

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
What\'s the next big flashlight shock going to be?

I check the DB several times a day and while I enjoy the latest rants and raves including home grown ideas and mods, I need a little something else to feed the need.

I admit it - I'm a flashlight junkie and I need a bigger, better and badder light to get me going. What do think people think will be the next big flashlight news? I don't mean Mag giving me a new bulb or that the A2 is out. Nope, I need something huge. I mean real news that will make me shake and quite possibly wet my pants.

What's it going to be and when will we see it?

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Re: What\'s the next big flashlight shock going to be?

I'm thinking laser. I just read somewhere that the Army had just shot down an artillary shell (yes, a shell) with a laser. Now THAT'S a bright light.

Or, what about LED's in a different form factor? Like they do with TFT (thin film transistors) for LCD's? I think a sheet form LED array would be really cool.

On a flashlight sortof line, what about projection TV? I know it's taken a huge backstep to flat LCD and plasma, but the portable computer projectors are really cool, and much more portable than either a regular TV or a flat screen.

Or - when Walmart starts selling HID flashlights. Think maxabeam bright for $125

Flashlightboy

Enlightened

Now there's respect or lack thereof for my seemingly intelligent question.
bluesigh.gif
If a P60 burns out it will generate 30 posts. If SF changes the knurling some people think it's equal to the second coming of Christ. When Arc sells a second of something the world stops revolving while we all look at beamshots.
icon3.gif

Well OK. I'm going to go off in my own direction and play with my lights until the next big news comes along.
winkie.GIF

Flashlightboy

Enlightened

Albany Tom,

I think we cross-posted. I've never done that before!
blush.gif
shocked.gif
It sort of makes me feel tingly in the swimsuit area.
yellowlaugh.gif

That laser has got the coolest neato factor. Maybe a keychain model in a few years, no?

brightnorm

Flashaholic

In my undoubtedly minority opinion, the most important, truly HUGE flashlight news will be a "quantum breakthrough" in lamp efficiency or power source capacity or both.

Were this to happen then the 500 lumen 20 hour pocket sized light would be a reality. Otherwise, dreams will have to suffice.

Brightnorm

Latest posts