Are high power 18Watt LED lights for real?

Illum

Flashaholic
I doubt anythings real when your dealing with china goods....aside from the well known Fenix et al.

18 watt of heat probably:laughing:

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illum_the_nation said:
I doubt anythings real when your dealing with china goods....aside from the well known Fenix et al.

18 watt of heat probably:laughing:

I've found qualitychinagoods.com products to be worth far more than I paid and their service to be excellent.
I bought a headlamp from them and the flimsey tab that controls the position of the light was either broken or broke when I first used it. They sent a replacement in about the time it took to get the light - fast.

But perhaps I misread and this is a bigote remark against Chinese goods in general.
If so, the same thing was said about Japan at one time, and for a longer period. Then they started making these cars and cameras and VCR's and motorcycles. The Harley would not be around today had they not copied the method of doing business that Japan uses.
(And yes I do know about it, but America, for the most part never bothered.)

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
picard said:
I saw quality china goods website selling LED lights from 5W-18W. Are those high power LED lights for real? I am

Where's the heat sink? Even if you assume the LED has a solid connection to the body, the entire body is only 5.5 inches long by 1.5 inches across. That's enough surface area for what, a 3 watt LED??

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
coppertrail said:
This looks like the same light . . .

I think so copper. it might be same type of light.

How many watts would equal 200 lumens? Can anyone estimate the values?

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
That question is contiually asked and undoubtedly will be asked again. The inflated claims by our standard is a play on the actual total power use. In this case as I was looking over the new listing of the product it appears to be a k2 or k2 clone. The product will be good as QCG is an excellent vendor to deal with. Look at the posting of the light output pictures on the site . Dae and Jun do that themselves and they test each light before they send it. That 18W does put out light by the looks of it. I gotta get one 'cause it could beat the 7w Golston which has been a proven product.

Here is a link that explain the Chinese rating system as was told to me by a business aquaintance that is a mainland Chinese businessman.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1698577&postcount=3

Last edited:

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
picard said:
How many watts would equal 200 lumens? Can anyone estimate the values?

Watts to Lumens will vary according to technology. It's not an absolute number. To give one example, here is the Luxeon K2 emitter, according to the manufacturers spec sheet:

http://www.lumileds.com/pdfs/DS51.pdf

measured in the American, not Chinese fashion, and as interpreted by myself:

White LXK2

3.4 volts, 350 mA, 45 Lumens

3.6 Volts, 700 mA, 75 Lumens

3.7 Volts, 1,000mA, ?

3.8 Volts, 1,500 mA, 140 lumens (implied)