Ghetto Tac MkI

sortafast

Enlightened
Here's my first attempt at a light. It was originally intended to be a bike light, but i realized later that it was probably too big for the task at hand, not to mention heavy IMO. But since i only had access to a lathe for a night, its what i could do. So i decided to buy a set of cheap scope rings and mount it up to my carbine for a night time rifle competition that i was gonna do, but never did. So I apologize in advance if anyone is offended by it being on an Evil Black Rifle or if its against the rules. I will remove if need be.
But in this config, i have a white Lux5 (no clue on bin, that info got tossed long ago), got a 750mA Badboy driving it, the light is going through a fraen narrow optic, got a "glass" out of a Mag so that the fraen is protected. I also have a K2 mounted on a sink but i only have a buck puck running that, but the driver wouldnt fit in the body. So i scrapped that set up as i couldnt figure out how to mount it in something to protect it. I have 2 CR123's that i got last minute at the local store (bent over for that one). The container is one of those 2 dollar water proof matchstick holders for camping with 2 M4 stainless screws and lock nuts for batt contacts, and just an on off switch from radio shack. Uber ghetto, but man does this thing light up the back yard (no pics of that tho). Wish i could have tried it out at the rifle match, but i did tape it to my helmet(minus the EBR) and rode with it one night and was pleasantly supprised how well it worked. Definitely brighter than my 25w NiteHawk single lamp set up. I also took it to the range in the day time, and ran about 130 rounds through the gun and everything worked just fine on it. Anyway, enjoy:

img0377im9.jpg

img0378rj7.jpg

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice, very nice... I also got that waterproof-container... I saw it here at a camping-store. I only bought it after I had seen someone doing a mod in it, i.e. making a flashlight out of it :p

IMO, great mod. They sell these things stock foor hundreds of dollars, and you don't even know if you get a nice binned led. If you ask me, keep going, refine your design, maybe a switch at your thumb etc... And indeed, I like the pics of the carabiner. I've seen a few posted already, so don't think you would need to remove them :) Keep'em coming !

Cheers mate !!

sortafast

Enlightened
Yeah, im already working on a newer more better simpler cleaner smaller design. Just got some $$ for my own mini lathe, so they will be a coming. I really like where the thumb switch cause i usually run my front hand on the front of the magwell. works really well for me even though is a cheesy radio shack switch. Just need a better battery box.