Where can I get the old (long) pocket clips for my SureFire A2?

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
actually the older pocket clips where short not long, the newer clips are long.

and i think if you call surefire you can buy one for 6 dolars or somthing or if you can sweet talk them they might send you one for FREE just tell them you have a short ne and would like it to be a long one.

hope this helps!

SCblur

Enlightened
you could get it on an L1, technically speaking, but I don't know if it would be too long. That is to say, it might extend past the battery tube, and get in the way of the tailcap. I don't have an L1, so I can't test it, but it seems to me like the long clip would be too long.

SCblur

Enlightened
I like the longer ones better also. I changed my L4 and E2e to long clips. Big improvement IMO.

schrenz

Enlightened
I guess it's a little bit to long for the L1, if I remember right it's longer than the L1-body, so the clip is resting against the tailcap, I can look at both Flashlights this evening.
Best regards
Jens

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! Keep my posted, The clip seems like it might tear up my pocket. A longer clip might put less pressure on the area that's clipped.

astrogrub

Newly Enlightened
The longer ones seem to break easier which can be good or bad--usually bad though.

Jim I'll dig around and send a long clip or two over to you....sent ya an e-mail too.

thanks, Brian

NelsonFlashlites

Enlightened
I'm sorry if this is a question with an obvious answer, but how do you get the old pocket clips off? The clip on my E2d seems to be permanently attached.

SCblur

Enlightened
NelsonFlashlites said:
I'm sorry if this is a question with an obvious answer, but how do you get the old pocket clips off? The clip on my E2d seems to be permanently attached.

That's not a stupid question, they can be hard to get off. Here's how I did it:
remove the bezel and o-ring, leaving a clear path for the clip to slide off. Sliding the clip out can take a lot of pressure, and usually requires some form of leverage. One way is to brace the tip of the clip against the edge of a table (something you don't mind getting scratches on, cause you will) and push on the bezel-end of the light so that the clip slides off. However, I find it easier to slide my SF lanyard under the clip, and snug it up at the top of the clip, then pull hard. Be careful not to lose the little plastic spacer thing that goes between the clip and the flashlight body, you need that for sure. Inserting the replacement clip is much easier and can be done without any tools. It may require the use of a table edge to snug the clip all the way in. Make sure the clip is all the way down before you screw the bezel back on, or the exposed clip can scratch the bezel pretty easy. I did this to my A2.

I hope I explained that well, I'm not sure. Good luck.

Merry Christmas everybody,
Josh

whippoorwill

Enlightened
I have two L1's with the long clip and they are a PITA. I emailed Sure Fire and they are sending shorter clips. I am not sure but I think the longer clips are the older ones on the L1. The SF website's picture of the L1 is with the shorter clip. On the L1, the longer clip intrudes into the tail switch and can sometimes get in the way.

astrogrub

Newly Enlightened
Also, the long clips may not work as well on the very early A2's 'cause the top flat isn't machined as far back as on the later versions (that actually came w/the long clip). So what happens is that the long clip kinda rests on the round portion w/a length of flat underneath. It can seem kinda weird.

oregonshooter

Enlightened
My light actually came with the 4 squared sides (older right?) and a long clip (newer right?) but seemed to work fine.

BT is going to trade me for my short clip. The short one is so still its a pain to put on and off a lot in the pocket IMO.

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, its easier to remove the plastic spacer with a small screwdriver first.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
the long ones fit the L1 without touching the tailcap. thats how i have mine set up currently
call surefire and ask for one they dont fuss much i mean you did buy a $100+ flashlight from them.
the longer ones dont break any easier than the short ones. they are however more flexible becasue of their added length.

Last edited:

whippoorwill

Enlightened
mossyoak said:
the long ones fit the L1 without touching the tailcap. thats how i have mine set up currently
call surefire and ask for one they dont fuss much i mean you did buy a $100+ flashlight from them.
the longer ones dont break any easier than the short ones. they are however more flexible becasue of their added length.

Your clips must be shorter than mine. I had to bend them to stop them rubbing against the tailcap when I twisted it. In fact, the clips are about 1/2 inch longer than the body.