darell is as smart as ...

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is of no question that darell is smart. But, just how smart is darell? Every time I try to describe how smart he is I am soon to discover that I have underrated his cerebral capacity. I have used similes, metaphors and even an allegory to aid in an appropriate, accurate description. I have come to find that it is possible that I am not smart enough to describe how smart he is. So, in some desperation, I ask for your help.

darell is as smart as...

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
From The Prior-Art-O-Matic:
darell is a fridge magnet that catalogues its contents! It contains the entire Encyclopaedia Britannica and flies like a rocket.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK darell....now we know you are signed up on CPF under at least 2 names. "darell" & "Icebreak". Are there any more. David, can you do anything about this??? :>) TX

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Icebreak:
It is of no question that darell is smart. But, just how smart is darell? Every time I try to describe how smart he is I am soon to discover that I have underrated his cerebral capacity. I have used similes, metaphors and even an allegory to aid in an appropriate, accurate description. I have come to find that it is possible that I am not smart enough to describe how smart he is. So, in some desperation, I ask for your help.

darell is as smart as...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Damn bandwidth waster!!!
smile.gif
cool.gif
tongue.gif

P.S. I'm assuming Icebreak really is Darell but looking at the profile, maybe not???

Saaby

Flashaholic
Originally posted by txwest:
OK darell....now we know you are signed up on CPF under at least 2 names. "darell" & "Icebreak". Are there any more. David, can you do anything about this??? :>) TX
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You forgot this third one...
wink.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
darell is as smart as ...

I think you have an S in the wrong place
tongue.gif

Sorry, I couldn`t resist
grin.gif
Especially as that`s what I thought it said originally. That`ll learn me to operate computers before my morning coffee...
rolleyes.gif
yellowlaugh.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Whoa! I guess my payments really are getting through to Icebreak on time! (not using FedEx, you see).

I'm with you there Chis. I too thought that some malcontent was bent on dragging me through the gutter. But I get here to find that I've been paid about the nicest compliment that I've ever received. There must be a catch... And I guess it is obvious that smartnitude is not tied to spelling competence in this case.

Now I have to go look up 'allegory' just in case somebody else uses one on me...

OK, fess up, Icebreak. What do you want from me?

(Note to self: Be more subtle in the future. Tex is becoming annoyingly suspicious)

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I've said before...
Originally posted by Icebreak:

Just the anticipation of knowing I will soon be able to read about another of your elegantly logical thoughts that exemplify an unfathomable imagination and stunningly precise mental process is payment enough.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">treek13 is the closest so far. I just really would like to know how people would complete this statement: darell is as smart as...

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Icbreak, I don`t think to many folks want to finish you statement. No one wants to hurt poor Darell`s feelings
smile.gif

Come on everyone...here a great oppertinity to do some Darell bashing.

Ken

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icebreak:

One of the later Oz books (I have about 15 first editions courtesy of my grandfather)introduced a character named "Button Bright". As Button Bright seemed intellectually challenged Dorothy mused about the wide variations in the buttons of the day from highly polished reflective silver to matte black.

I'd say Darrel is as bright as a button (with all the ambiguity that implies)!

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
Speaking of ambiguity, I always liked "smarter than the the average BEAR". With proper inflection, could be a compliment or not.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
PeterM:

Maybe Mr. Ted. E. Bear could join Darrell as co-target (I mean, honored subject) of this thread.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

..as smart as a Chinese toilet handle...at least...

wasn't he?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Originally posted by Ted the Led:
..as smart as a Chinese toilet handle...at least...
wasn't he?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">or should that be "...as smart as a Chinese toilet handle is handy...?"
smile.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Button Bright" ? He did have some Savantian brilliance. OK, I can see that.

Yes, well, now I'm getting somewhere. All fine and ingenious descriptions. Thanks guys.

Anybody else?

darell is as smart as...