What reasons are there to buy an Arc LS over a KL1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Figured I would put this in cafe rather then Arc forum. I don't want it to seem like I'm ragging on Arc in which overall I like their products.

An Arc LS "first" retails for $120. A KL1/E1(e) combo and even a KL1/E2(e) combo retails in the same neighborhood. In both cases, you might save a few bucks by shopping around and buying from a resaler. Typically for Surefire products you pay a premium price for a very good light. Much discussions have been raised as to whether the lights are worth the price charged for them. But in this case I maintain not only are you getting a better product with the KL1/E combo, you are getting a better bang for the buck as well when compared to the Arc LS. The advantages of the Surefire are numerous. A brighter output, a solid proven body with a solid proven tailcap switch, a choice of LED or incandescent heads, and the list could go on. Not to mention the fact that the KL1 has a much higher probability that it will work straight out of the box without any glitches. It is not a continuing "work in progress." The only advantage I can come up with for the Arc LS is that if you don't wish to use a clip in carrying your light, the ArcLS/123 battery pack is more pocketable then an KL1/E1.

I see myself owning an Arc LS3 sometime in the future when available although this time I won't rush in right off the bat and essentially be a "beta" tester. However in the purchase of current crop of lights it's a no brainer with me, I will now buy the KL1 every time. Are there any reasons why anyone else would buy an Arc LS($120 version w/123 battery pack only) over a KL1 and E surefire body?

Darell

Flashaholic
That's far too much thinking for me. I just bought them both
smile.gif
We've been through this quite a few times already. There are advantages to both units. I actually don't have an overall preference in the two, and in fact really like my LS head on a E1 body. How's that for adding a monkey wrench to the equation? My specialty.

Status
Not open for further replies.