Chance to meet "veteran" CPF member

hburner

Enlightened
Just thought I would post what happend to me a couple of days ago. I had posted a WTB for some items, 9AA to 3D holder, big holed reflector, to be specific. As usualy I had a few great members chime in with advice and tips.

But then I get a PM from a memeber whom I have only texted with until now. His reply was "HB what the heck are you trying to build?."

After talking a few things over we decide to "meet in the middle" between where we both live. I am guessing roughly 75 miles apart, maybe, not good at that stuff either.

After meeting this member, BTW it is SWAY from CPF, MY thoughts were confirmed that just about all people here on CPF are THE COOLEST, SMARTEST, BUNCH ON EARTH !!!!!!

Sway told me a few good tricks of the trade and sold me some stuff that I was really wanting, best thing about this was to get to meet SWAY and same day delivery without the big deilvery bill, LOL!!

After talking to SWAY and checking out some of his very cool toys, I mean flashlights, I realized that I am indeed still a newbie and just think that I know something about lights! OH, let me tell you he has this HID spotlight that he made and I have NEVER seen anything like that before in my life! Super lite, and a SUPER BRIGHT LIGHT!! He truned that thing on and the beam went on forever! (It is the same one on his avator.) We where at a quick stop type place with a lot of ambient lighting but that did not matter, this thing ruled ambient lighting and miles into the air it did go! There is no doubt in my mind that at the nearby stoplight we could have easlily caused an accident by blinding the crap out of some poor soul and they woud have run that light because there is no way that they could have seen where they were going!!!!!!!!! Where was I?

I guess that is about all that I was going to share to any bored soul that wanted to read it!

Thanks for everything SWAY, I hope to have as much cool stuff, and your knowledge of lghts and such, one day! Until we meet again, soon I hope, we need to try the NC get together again, Ronald, "hburner".

Last edited:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the amateur radio world we call a personal meeting an "eyeball QSO". I was at sams club today (getting my first HID light) and saw somebody checking out the flashlight section. For a minute I wondered if he was a flashaholic like myself. So far I have not met anyone personally that likes flahlights like I do. I hope to someday tho. Thanks for sharing hburner.

hburner

Enlightened
Yea, LED, it is nice to put a actual person with the avator and PMing, and all the typing!

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
hburner said:
Sway told me a few good tricks of the trade and sold me some stuff that I was really wanting, best thing about this was to get to meet SWAY and same day delivery without the big deilvery bill, LOL!!

Great story and proof positive of why CPF is such a great community of decent, well wishing, like minded people who share a common passion for high quality illumination toys...uh, I mean tools. Eh. :grin2:

Last edited:

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a great time, it was nice to meet a fellow Flashaholic in person. I just wish we would have a little more time and better setting to try some of lights out but there is always next time. It was really nice to meet Ron he is an A+ guy :thumbsup:

Later
Kelly