L2T Head + L1T Body + 14500 LiIon = Success?

Face

Enlightened
Hi,

I have a L2T, which is great.

But what I'd like to do is buy a L1T body and use the L2T head on it using one of AW's 14500 3.7v protected cells.

Will this all end horribly, or will it be a success?

Also, on Fenix Store they have the L1S body for $15 and the L1T for $18, but the description for each says that they are both compatible with L2T! Is the only difference what is written on the side?

Many thanks in advance for both your time and advice.

Merry Christmas,

Face

cy

Flashaholic
after doing all that, you'll have equal to version 2.0? fenix L1-P (logo on head) and L1+ stainless.

early fenix with buck/boost boards and ran fine on 1x 14500 and all types of AA's. output with li-ion was much higher than alk.

Last edited:

rscanady

Enlightened
I love my V2.0 L1P and that is the one Fenix that I have held on too so far. never had the L1+ SS though.

Ryan

cy

Flashaholic
L1+ stainless is a keeper! along with a few other buck/boost L1-P's stashed.

OT... like it much better than lo-ti, who's output is puny compared to L1+. in all fairness lo-ti is much smaller. sure wish lo-ti could use li-ion...

Face

Enlightened
Hi,

Thank you very much for all your replies.

I hate to say, I don't really now what a Fenix V2.0 L1P is. Is the L1P a good thing? :)

What I was aiming to do with the new configuration was to get brighter output from my L2T, whilst at the same time cutting down on the overall size. Am I heading down the right route?

I will by getting my 14500's from AW = are his 14500's 3.7v?

Also, I've read that 3.7v 14500's can come of the charger at circa 4.2v!!! Is this going to fry my LxT head? If so, how can I safely get the voltage down from the fresh 4.2 to the more led-friendly 3.7v?

Again, many, many thanks for all your help.

Merry Christmas,

Face

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not just get a L1T complete, and then use a 14500? The l1t and l2t heads are exactly the same, so getting a complete L1T seems like the way to go.

Face

Enlightened
I had thought about getting a L1T, but I'd kinda promised myself (and my wife!) that I wouldn't buy any more Fenix lights unless they were Cree-based.

But this way I get a L1T for only $18.50 instead of $43.50 - and I haven't broken any promises.

Would still like to know if what I'm aiming for (brighter and smaller than my L2T) will work. I'm pretty sure it will :)

Cheers,

Face