What is the longest running 1 x 123 LED light?

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
In HA III and waterproof.

I would love something the size of a Fenix P1 that runs for hours and hours and hours and sucks ALL the life out of a primary CR123 cell. I am thinking of something like an ARC AAA-P that uses CR123 cells.

Does something like this exist?

-Goatee

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
My old County Comm Inova X5 (HA Nat) would drain my primary 123s once all my other lights depleted them, and run for hours and hours and hours...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't think about the HDS. It does the trick for sure. Regarding the Inova X5, I would be interested in seing a runtime chart on it compared to an Arc AAA-P just so that I could understand the relative output over time.

I am really wanting for someone to produce a light like the Arc AAA-P with the only difference being the battery.

-Goatee

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
:)> said:
I didn't think about the HDS. It does the trick for sure. Regarding the Inova X5, I would be interested in seing a runtime chart on it compared to an Arc AAA-P just so that I could understand the relative output over time.

I am really wanting for someone to produce a light like the Arc AAA-P with the only difference being the battery.

-Goatee

The Inova X5 is a two cell light.

About the HDS take a look here:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1122532&postcount=457

You can also take a look at this thread, the question already exists:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=101034&highlight=u42+18650

Best regards

____
Tom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom,

Both threads are good reads. Thank you for the information. HDS runtimes are unbelievable.

Thank you for mining that information for me. I am waiting for the new HDS lights to come out and I am very excited about their capabilities. I just traded an HDS away (I have another) and I was conflicted about doing this because they are some of the best lights that I have ever run across.

-Goatee

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P1DCE on low is the best runtime combined with output on the market. It is around 15-17 lumens (give or take) and runs for 13 hours completely flat constant output! Nice overall brightness and lasts a very long time!

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
The red Inova X5 only uses one 123A lithium battery. The Inova 24/7 might be a good choice as well. +1 for the Surefire L1 on low.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long John said:
The Inova X5 is a two cell light.

About the HDS take a look here:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1122532&postcount=457

You can also take a look at this thread, the question already exists:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=101034&highlight=u42+18650

Best regards

____
Tom
Tom,

I had another blonde moment- of course the old X5T was two cells. Next thing I know, I'll forget my, my, uh never mind. ;)

I've always wanted an HDS light too. Hmmm.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chronos said:
Tom,

I had another blonde moment- of course the old X5T was two cells. Next thing I know, I'll forget my, my, uh never mind. ;)

I've always wanted an HDS light too. Hmmm.

The next generations HDS will be veeery interesting;)

Best regards

_____
Tom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chronos,

You will love the HDS lights. I really do want to see what they come out with next.

-Goatee

arty

Enlightened
Peak has a McKinley that drives a single 5 mm LED with a cr123. I would guess that you would get very long output, >24 hours in HP format. With a pocket body, you are looking at a light that is about 3/4 inch dia by 2.4 inches long. This is not on their website, but it is listed in their catalog price list.

The Surefire L1 runs forever on low on a single 123, but it is larger than you indicated you want.

whippoorwill

Enlightened
:)> said:
In HA III and waterproof.

I would love something the size of a Fenix P1 that runs for hours and hours and hours and sucks ALL the life out of a primary CR123 cell. I am thinking of something like an ARC AAA-P that uses CR123 cells.

Does something like this exist?

-Goatee

I think Santa uses one every year!

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
[img said:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]>]Chronos,

You will love the HDS lights. I really do want to see what they come out with next.

-Goatee

Yup. HDS all the way.
buttrock.gif

CFU

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fire~FlyIII using a lithium primary cell running at the lowest level 1. It will run 200 hours of a very dim light. Level 2 or 3 will be much more useful with 100 hours of runtime for L2 and 65 hours L3. The 3.6V lithium-ion it normally runs is good for 32 hours of level 1 and 16 hours for level 2.

Mine is set for level 2 low and works very well for hours. Maybe if I stick a SSC P4 U bin in the thing, I can drop down to Level 1 low and get the same amount of light. 32 hours of runtime is nothing to sneeze at. :thumbsup: