Surefire rechargeables

Monsters_Inc

Banned
From SF website: (I was looking specifically at the 9AN)

"Due to wartime production demands, deliveries of advanced rechargeable flashlights will be delayed until Jan 1, 2003"

Is the US at war already?! Where are the soldiers finding US 110V power plugs to recharge their Surefires in the middle of an Iraqi dessert?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
It should have said: "Due to defective chargers and damaged or defective batteries, rechargeables will not be available until further notice..."

Sorry, I couldn't resist a good ribbing!

--dan

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Onyx,

I suspect that the resources are going in another direction at SureFire right now. I don't believe it's rechargeables that are being shipped to the military necessarily.

- Don

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
No matter what the reason, hopefully when they return in January of 2003 they will be all fixed up. My one concern is will they will really be back in January, or are they going to go the same way the SFDB went (at least for a while). I agree with dano.
grin.gif

-Mike

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
My fervent hope is that when they do get back to producing rechargeable flashlights, that their batteries will hold a charge for more than three days.

I've now had three SF B90 batteries, and not one of them is worth a tinker's dam. I have since bought a Streamlight Stinger XT with AC/DC chargers ($38.50) and a Streamlight UltraStinger with AC/DC chargers ($33.50). Much more reliable sources of light.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do all of their batteries have a problem?? The B90 is the one I've heard all the complaints about. I was thinking about a 6V rechargeable, but not if I can't get a good battery. TX

Tombeis

Enlightened
I have had no problems with the two 10X Dominators and their three B 20 battery packs.

I do however, have a stack of B90 batteries sent to me by Surefire that are bad.(I think the last time I counted there were 18.)

The one Streamlight Stinger battery that I modified to work in the 8AX/9AN flashlights performes beautifully with a 55 minute runtime and good charge holding after being charged in both the Surefire CN 400 and C800 chargers.

I have read that Surefire now says they are having charger troubles in relation to the B90 battery problem. If that is so, I wonder why my Stinger and Surefire B92 batteries are performing well when charged in the CN400 chargers?

JackBlades

Enlightened
Originally posted by Cyclops942:
I have since bought a Streamlight Stinger XT with AC/DC chargers ($38.50) and a Streamlight UltraStinger with AC/DC chargers ($33.50). Much more reliable sources of light.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Would you care to tell me where I can purchase an UltraStinger with 2 chargers for anywhere CLOSE to $33.50???

I'm sure others might like to know too.
confused.gif
shocked.gif