Has anybody seen this Chinese light?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
As you can tell from the picture it is a SE FL309TP1 8 LED flashlight. I assume SE is the name of the company. My girlfriend who runs a small convenience store bought it for me. She won't tell me how much she paid for it but I assume it must be under ten dollars, probably substantially so because she only buys items she can cheaply sell at the store.

72040449.jpg

Here is the business end of the light.
72040447.jpg

I am very impressed with this light, so much so, it is going to become my car inside light for map reading, etc. It produces a much whiter somewhat brighter beam then that of my Garrity 9 LED light, the only one I have in it's class to compare with. Construction wise, it seems pretty solid with a thus far reliable operating switch. As it is going to be the car light, I replaced the stock "heavy duty" batteries with lithiums and it is brighter still.

I tried to look it up here and on the Internet and can't find much info on it and wondered if other CPFers have operated this light.

byron8

Newly Enlightened
Ya, these are all over the place. You can get at gun shows or cheap retailers. I bought one and the switch broke after a day or so. Not worth $10 but that is what they sell it for.

DaveG

Enlightened
Cheaper Than Dirt was selling them,I bought two,both died,bad switch and flickering problem.Threw them out.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, you guys are blowing my bubble on this light. Well, we'll see how it goes. I had not one but two Inova X5's as my car wide light develop flickering problems so I'll give this light a chance.

DaveG

Enlightened
geepondy said:
LOL, you guys are blowing my bubble on this light. Well, we'll see how it goes. I had not one but two Inova X5's as my car wide light develop flickering problems so I'll give this light a chance.
Well some light is better than no light,what most people seem to have in there cars.Just bought two 9 led lights for $2 ea,was impressed with how bright these things were.After about 15 min of playing with them,one now has 2 blown leds the other has one blown led.I guess you get what you pay for is true.:) Merry Christmas!

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
These lights are just fine for what they are. That is they are useful for some tasks, but mostly, if they become lost or damaged you probably won't give it a second thought. I have yet to read a sob story in the cafe about the theft or loss of a cheap-o flashlight.