Magic Words

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
While paying for breakfast at a small cafe yesterday, I heard the words that are every flasholics wet dream...."Anybody got a flashlight?" Almost before the words had cleared her mouth, my Scorpion was in my hand being offerd to her! Some that were there, say that they thought they saw a whiff of smoke coming from the Scoprion's holster!
grin.gif
They had dropped something in kitchen and it had rolled into some small, dark, damp corner.

I still don't believe it, in public, "Anybody got a flashlight?" HooBoy!!! Made MY day!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
I can't believe I'm about to write this. Please hide the women and children.

A similar call to lights happened to me recently too.... but I was damn-near lightless! No I wasn't totally light bereft, but I needed some E2-style light when an Arc AAA was all I had. It was a humbling experience to say the least.

hanged.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the opposite happen. My wife and I went into a movie and when we entered it was quite dark so I went to my pocket for a light and NONE was there. I said "Crap, I don't have a light". So my wife reached into her purse and hands me an SF E1. I was crestfallen, to say the least.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet everyone loved you turning on the SF in a dark theater. That would be the place for an ARC AAA or Infinity. TX

Saaby

Flashaholic
My humbling experience was this:

School went into lockdown (Lock all the doors, stay in the classroom...) because there was a robbery at the gas station or something like that (About 2 blocks away)

All I had that day was Arc LS 2AA...my house keys, Arc AAA, and Phone all managed to not make their way into my backpack and onto my person. Fortunatly it was like a 4 minute lock down.

Now the thing that ticked me off (next day)
Arc LS 2AA sitting in the sound booth and another member of the Stage Crew decides they can borrow it without permission. I was sitting out of the booth in the auditorium--fortunatly they walked by me and I snatched it back. Guess they thought (since it was just sitting there) it was the Schools. Right...since all the school buys is plastic 2D torches. Needless to say, Arc LS won't be sitting out anymore
tongue.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darell, that's terrible!! We all feel your short comming. You would think someone as smart as you wouldn't get caught in that situation. I guess sometimes, size does count. :>) TX

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was just an E1. Shone on the floor, it was not very brilliant. It's a good thing she did not have a Surge in her purse.

Lighthouse

Enlightened
Hey Sunspot,

What's it like with TWO flashoholics in the same house?
grin.gif

Bet it takes a while to live this one down.

LH

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's it like with TWO flashoholics in the same house?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oh, she is not! She has a Silver SF 6P that was a bit heavy for purse tote and I came across a good deal on an E1 so I bought it and gave it to her. Her comment was "This is nice, how much was it". Me "$42, dear". Her "your nuts".
Bet it takes a while to live this one down
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I was braced for a slam but it never came. I think she is holding it in reserve. Women never forget.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Must have been flashaholic day yesterday.

Last night I did the production for Al Jarreau, and I had a couple of stage hands that came un prepared so my boss asked if anyone had a flashlight they could borrow for the show.
smile.gif

One got a Rage and the other got a PT Aurora. I still had a Legend LX and a Photon Pump if anyone needed it. I had a trusty E2 for myself.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Originally posted by Roy:
Some that were there, say that they thought they saw a whiff of smoke coming from the Scoprion's holster!
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Roy,

yellowlaugh.gif
Your timing in the cafe and delivery in your post couldn't have been better!

Jim

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
"Finally felt it..."

Having recently recognized my "illness" as "Flashaholism"...(and all this time I had this 'strange' unsatisfied 'urge' to attain better torches w/more runtime, candlepower, uniform beams, compactness, etc...still never satisfying that 'need' completely, until the next purchase...but wait, still left with that 'urge' to do it again and again...)...

My wife was looking for something under the bed and uttered ---> "I need a decent flashlight!"

Oooohhhh, the shudders and tingles that rippled through my body...I couldn't wait to provide that cylinder of light that would spread throughout the darkness that she so needed to satisfy her needs...

I've got to go take a shower...(but seriously, to hear those words just "throws a switch"!!)

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
My mom asked for my Minimag AA for her reading light at nite 3 times a week or so...... why am I still not immune to that feeling of hearing those words......

Still I wished I had an opalec in that minimag, the sickly yellow beam makes me wanna puke.....
frown.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Sigman:
.......My wife was looking for something under the bed and uttered ---> "I need a decent flashlight!"......
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sigman,

This is very interesting. Notice that your wife didn't say "I need a flashlight", but rather:

I NEED A DECENT FLASHLIGHT!!!

Do we all realize the significance of this? Do you Sigman?

Because of that perfectly innocent adjective,
"decent", your wife has revealed that she is a person of perception and discernment. The lady is looking for a GOOD flashlight! She knows the difference, perhaps unconsciously, but SHE KNOWS THE DIFFERENCE!

Sigman, I'll put it very bluntly: your wife is a potential Flashaholic!!

Brightnorm

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Now I'm reading between the lines of all she says! How would she know the difference in a "decent" flashlight and an "average" one. I think she's been up to something in here spare time (though I've not found any Surefire Spares Carriers in her purse or vehicle yet!)! I need to shed some "light" on this before it becomes too spread out and yellowed!

Uh-Oh...I may need therapy now!
grin.gif
Off to the local Surefire dealer!!

(All kidding aside - yeah right, like that's going to happen!
wink.gif
In reference to not having any decent flashlights around...I have to admit, I think I may be a bit selfish with my "toys". However I have asked her if she wants this one or that one...she loves her blue PALight!!! She doesn't even want an ARC AAA!!??? NOW THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT!!????)

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
sigman, how could you marry such a woman?!?! i suggest you lay down the law.