Will SureFire use new Emitters? I think that...

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
PKSEOUL.jpg

I have been thinking about this question and in the process of doing some research I found this image from the shot show this year.
That is PK in the middle under the Seoul Semiconductor banner.

I have a feeling that we will be seeing Emitters OTHER than Luxeon's sooner rather than later.
Just a hunch.
Yaesumofo

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well If I recall correctly, doesn't Seoul have the Cree in a Luxeon package - that even has similar beam dispersal pattern? If thats' right, then undoubtedly we will probably see other stuff from them.

*Retired*
Unfortunately, it is going to require some design changes, we will see how nimble SureFire actually is.

These have been known about among designers since at least January 2006, I was shown by Karl of Seoul Semiconductor (sorry, I don't recall the other fellas at the meeting). So, there has been more than plenty of time to have designs ready and waiting for them, and samples have been going around for quite some time now.

In other words, it would be simple to have the designs finished and ready for the first production part shipments.

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree Newbie these things don't appear over night. To be sure many companies will be wanting to clear their luxeon product from their supply pipeline before bringing Cree based product to market. I doubt that SureFire is in a hurry to bring product to market which will upset a bunch of people who just bought old technology. Maybe a gradual change over to new product.
We will see new emitters sooner or later.
Yaesumofo

NewBie said:
Unfortunately, it is going to require some design changes, we will see how nimble SureFire actually is.

These have been known about among designers since at least January 2006, I was shown by Karl of Seoul Semiconductor (sorry, I don't recall the other fellas at the meeting). So, there has been more than plenty of time to have designs ready and waiting for them, and samples have been going around for quite some time now.

In other words, it would be simple to have the designs finished and ready for the first production part shipments.