P1D-CE Outdoor Beamshot with Inova T3

JoeMags

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
Just got my P1D-CE in natural today just in time for xmas. My impression on all fronts for this little light is "WOW". Yes it has that little gap in the beam between the hot spot and the flood but I can barely notice it in actual use. For me it does not detract at all from the light. I bought a P1D natural a few weeks ago as a gift and it did indeed have an absolutely flawless beam, but again, most would only notice the difference when compared directly at a clear wall. As far as the loose fitting threads, I don't seem to have them on either of these lights. Both of mine are what I would consider "normal" and have a nice damped feel when turning. In other words I don't think the bezel could turn at all while the light was jingling around in your pocket for a day. In terms of it's total output and tint? Well, I nearly hit the floor when I compared it with my T3. I have been nothing but thrilled with the T3 since the day I got it. It is wicked bright, has awesome throw and I thought was about as white as an LED light could get. It's amazing when you take that next "leap" in technology. I didn't think anything could make my T3 look yellow, but the P1D-CE does... And it's brighter too!

This beamshot is from my deck railing looking at the side of my garage forty feet away. The T3 is on the left and the P1D-CE is on the right.

Enjoy and happy holidays to all,
Joe Mags

detail
(Not linked)

Newuser01

Enlightened
Nice.....! :rock:

Would you mind taking more pictures?

Between P1D and P1D-CE on low/mid/hi?

There is far less real life outdoor shots around. Or may be with P1D and PP lux?

Thanks.

JoeMags

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunatly, the P1D that I bought was a gift for my dad. In fact I only ordered that model because It did not look like I would be able to get CE's in natural in time for Xmas. When my CE came in today I had to decide if I should swap it with his. I figured I would appreciate the difference more than him so I kept the CE :) I'll be giving him the P1D tomorrow. Once he has had it for a while I'll see if I can borrow it. Sorry, but I don't own a PP Lux. Just a few more Inova's. T1, X5 original and X5 current in my wife's Jeep.

Take Care,
Joe Mags

JoeMags

Newly Enlightened
The P1D-CE was on Max in the beamshot. I am also very impressed with the primary setting. The primary setting is a nice output and will probably see the most use. I do alot of work indoors above ceilings and such and this setting will be very useful and provide more runtime. The max setting will be real nice when I need it though.

Thanks,
Joe Mags

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The comparison between my T3 and P1D CE looks the same, even the same tints. My T3 has a slight warm tint but appears very warm compared to the P1D CE and though it is on old batteries, the T3 seems to have more center spot intensity. I guess both of ours are XR-E P2's - not as warm as P4.
The rings are very pronounced on a wall, but somewhat (not all) lost cast over the ground or complex subjects. Such that I still want to put a very mild diffuser paper on it.
The difference between medium and high is not that great to me, but that only means I will almost never need to use high.

St8kout

Newly Enlightened
The P1D CE makes my Striker VG look yellow too, and up close it's also brighter. The only advantage beamwise the Striker has over the P1D CE is distance. I'm going to need a Cree XRE mod for the Striker someday.

It even makes my L2T look less white. I'm spoiled by it.:grin2:

iced_theater

Enlightened
I think any other LED light makes the Stiker-VG look yellow. They have to use a X1 or similar type of bin as everyone who's bought one says it's yellow in color, that's how mine was as well.

I doubt it would make my Inova T3 appear yellow, mine has a strong purple tint to it even without comparing it to other lights. It's too bad the T3 isn't modder friendly as I would like to of tried a better bin LED in it.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
St8kout said:
The P1D CE makes my Striker VG look yellow too, and up close it's also brighter. The only advantage beamwise the Striker has over the P1D CE is distance. I'm going to need a Cree XRE mod for the Striker someday.
It even makes my L2T look less white. I'm spoiled by it.
To clarify, I LIKE the warmer tint in the other lights, especially the very warm tint in my Striker. Much better for depth and color perception than LED's non-full-spectrum 'pure' white color.

Wish I could upgrade my Inovas too... even just UW0J would be nice.
But I do plan to Cree-ify the Striker as soon as Milkyspit PM's me back.