Heard of Pentagon Lights?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I've only recently heard of this company. Anyone own their lights? Are they high-quality? What do you guys think of their products?

whippoorwill

Enlightened
I have an L3. It is a pretty good light, quality is good, maybe a step below SF. Throw is good, spill is medium. I got mine from a cop shop for $60 bucks. It was well worth the price.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a couple of them, they're OK. Did have a problem with one but it was fixed under their warranty.

UKSFighter

Newly Enlightened
They are good lights, the have some rugged designs and are pretty darn reliable. They invited us to be a dealer earlier this year. They are starting to catch on and have a couple of big military orders. The S2 UV light is pretty nice and useful for some forensic purposes. The L2 is the most functional carry light I believe. They come with nice pouches and they also make some belt clip lights that are pretty easy to carry.

There weaponlights are very comparable to a couple of the Surefire weaponlights at a much lower cost. They have a couple of nice lasers out now as well.

byron8

Newly Enlightened
I bought my brother the Pentagon L2 LED, cost $75 at gun show, got the last one. They are very high quality. Compare that to SF 3W LED. The dealer, Cleveland Police Supply, said that they are discontinuing the SF line and going to Pentagon because they believe they are much better lights and cost less.

Danbo

Enlightened
Like already mentioned, they're close to Surefire in quality(although they DO look kinda like table legs, now that I think about it), and cost a bit less.

I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

vtran96

Newly Enlightened
Just got my x3 for Christmas and I am very impressed. I don't have much experience with lights. I looked at the SF 6p and it didn't seem to be bright enough for me. I was going to get the 9p but for about the same price I felt the x3 was a better deal. I'm glad with my decision. The mil spec finish is more durable and it's brighter. It is half an inch longer, but that isn't a concern for me. I was looking for as bright a light as possible for a very resonable price, and that's exactly what I got. The downside is battery life, but I would have had the same problem with the SF. Good luck.

pete7226

Enlightened
Just got an L3, throw and output is between my brothers L5 and L6. Great light for much less than a SF

cy

Flashaholic
high quality construction with excellent quality hard anodizing.

form factor is not as good as surefire. resale value is pretty bad. can't give em away.

bored out a 2x 123 pentagon light to acept 18650. will accept a P-60 drop in. no luck on selling for 6+ months now...

cy

Flashaholic
pentagon 2x CR123 incan light that been bored out to accept 18650.
$55 shipped conus if anyone wants it.

blake711

Newly Enlightened
I have a x3 mounted to my AR15 with a tape switch. It servers its purpose well and has held up with out issue with numerous rounds being fired with it attached to said weapon and its still on the original bulb. Are they are Surefire? Nope do they cost as much as a Surefire? Nope. They are a fine light for the money imo. My biggest complaint is lack of accessories like lens covers and such that have supposed to have come out a year ago.

Blake

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a dealer catalog about a month ago and noticed that Pentagon Lights is coming out with some larger lights to compete with SF M3s, M4s, and the like. I didn't see much detail, and have no clue when they'll get released, but it seems to be coming. To me, it seems PentagonLight is the only US brand targeting SF as a direct competitor. SL, Pelican, and Inova all have their own niches and don't offer that many products that compete directly with SF's offerings. For those needing SFs for specific uses and needs, PLs may offer a better priced option. Wolf-Eyes is the only other brand I see as a competitor to SF, but they're not marketed as widely in the US as PL.