*Heads Up* Maglites On Sale At OSH!

stonehold

Newly Enlightened
Lowe's M*glite sale headsup

Spotted a sale on incandescents on their web site. 2 cell mini/$8.97, 2-4 cell D/$9.97, Phoenix AZ.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Lowe's M*glite sale headsup

Hmm. Having a sale again are they? I might have to check that out as I could build another mod for an idea I have...

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast

We had the same MAG package deal at Kmart in Australia for AU 29.95 it even icluded batteries, they didn't last long as it was a bargain compared to the normal MAG pricing

swampgator

Enlightened

Does it bother anyone else that they can sell a 2 thru 4 D cell light for $9.97, yet they charge $8.97 for a AA mini?

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast

TORCH_BOY said:
We had the same MAG package deal at Kmart in Australia for AU 29.95 it even icluded batteries, they didn't last long as it was a bargain compared to the normal MAG pricing

Hi TB. I got a 2 x AA mini m@g from fivemega on the B/S/T for $6.00 plus postage way cheaper than you can ever get one over here. He sells them from time to time.

I hate Aussie prices.

jwl

Enlightened

I sure hope this sale spreads. First Oregon then Arizona, still $15-$17 here is Kansas. Wife had a fit when I wanted to buy some more Mags, she said "wait till after Christmas." If I'm lucky maybe I'll get some from Santa...:)

stonehold

Newly Enlightened

swampgater

Sounds like serious new math there, but I'll take what I can get. $9.97 for a big chunk of flashlight sounds pretty Merry to me, besides I have all the minis' I want right now.
(did I just say I have all I want while talking about flashlights? The holidays are affecting my brain.
duh2.gif
)

Bror Jace

Enlightened

Funny thing is the 3D and 4D Maglites were $9.97US in a special display at the front of the store, but 50' away in another display where they usually have their lights, the same 3D and 4D Maglites were priced at $14.97, etc ...

Hmmm .. I just don't have a use for a 3D or 4D Mag. :(

Neil

Newly Enlightened

hrmm how long do you guys think the sale will be on for? cause i'm heading down to buffalo ny ( i'm in toronto canada) to do some flashlight shopping hehe. i'm heading down on wednesday, will the sale be on that long?

swampgator

Enlightened

stonehold said:
swampgator

Sounds like serious new math there, but I'll take what I can get. $9.97 for a big chunk of flashlight sounds pretty Merry to me, besides I have all the minis' I want right now.
(did I just say I have all I want while talking about flashlights? The holidays are affecting my brain.
duh2.gif
)

Hey, I'm with you, brother. I bought 3 2Ds (2 black, 1 red) and another 3D (blue) day after Thanksgiving at $9.97. I was planning on using them as Mod fodder, but I think a few might be given as Christmas gifts.

Still, if a 4D can go for less than $10, a minimag shouldn't cost more than $5. But that's what I just paid for a Solitaire.

lightUup

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to give a heads up to everybody here. I went to my local OSH today (South San Francisco, cA) and all Maglites are on sale from 12/23 - 12/24. All Maglites are priced at 20% off. I picked up a Mini Maglite 2AA LED for about $19.

Check with your local OSH!

stonehold

Newly Enlightened

Neil

No clue on their site when the sale will end or how many stores/regions are involved. Try lowes.com and set the location to your desired zip code. Good luck.

swampgator

Enlightened

Back when we had the Black Friday sale thread going, someone (don't remember who) linked the circular that said "new lower price". There was some discussion as to whether this would be Lowe's new price for the Mags.

Maybe that's why they're still $9.97?

Ikonomi

Enlightened

The Lowe's sale is only valid through 12/24 (today). I had a bad experience with the same sale on Black Friday when they refused to sell me a red 3D at the sale price, saying it was in the wrong place. Apparently only the black and silver were discounted.

However...

Based on a tip from Fatwallet... I picked up a 2D Mag-LED for $9.97. At the checkout, I asked the cashier if the LED ones were on sale too. He said "oh yeah", and adjusted the price with manager approval. It sounded like he had done this a few times already, and I got the second to last one on the display.

All the Mags were pretty cleaned out on the endcap, except the 3AA LEDs, but they had a shopping cart with six freshly opened cases of 2Ds sitting in another part of the store. I picked up a normal 2D for modding as well, black. I wanted a red one again, but they were nowhere to be found -- just black, silver, and blue.

As always, YMMV with this Mag-LED thing. I may try getting Home Depot to price match Lowe's 9.97 price, though...

swampgator

Enlightened

I actually went to two separate Lowes on Black Friday. The first store was out of almost everything. I got the two black 2Ds there. The second store had a larger selection. I got the red 2D and a blue 3D there.

TwoGuns

Newly Enlightened

Gonna have to check my lowes. Thanks!

TwoGuns

Newly Enlightened
Gonna have to take a trip down there. Should be hell on christmas eve. Oh well!

frasera

Newly Enlightened

swampgator said:
Does it bother anyone else that they can sell a 2 thru 4 D cell light for $9.97, yet they charge $8.97 for a AA mini?

i remember target or walmart having the minis for 6 bucks. then again thats all its worth with the leds out;)