Heliotek HTE-1 owners sign up here

Rob187

Enlightened
I haven't seen a thread for Heliotek owners so here goes:

I have HTE-1 rev 2, serial number A000209 in Sydney, Australia.

I am very happy with the light except for the tint of the LED which is a bit too green for my liking. Otherwise it is a superb lighting instrument, way above the average flashlight in engineering and quality.

Rob

Last edited:

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
+1 here.

nice tint on mine, though.
it is a rugged, versatile light...but the spill with the diffuser "up" is a bit anemic for my uses.
solid performance for a tough light...wish I had a boat to keep it on.
cheers

DDS

Enlightened
I've got two, one in the garage, the other on my boat. Superb quality but tint on mine is towards the greenish side too. Really balances nicely in the hand and the magnetic switch is tops. Comes in very handy at night on the lake when I am trying to locate my dock...throw is great! Wonder if the LED could be switched out?

Rob187

Enlightened
I guess Heliotek owners don't like to make themselves known....

At my request, Heliotek exchanged the head for the HTE-1 for one with a much whiter tint for no charge. Great, great customer service. Now I am 100% happy with the light.

S/N now 214 instead of 209..

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have two: the older model and the newer model with the tip-off beam diffuser.
http://ledmuseum.thefire.us/heliotek.htm
The product earned a full five star rating on my website. :)

st5.gif

Neither are handy right at the moment, so I cannot furnish their serial numbers.

don_69sbo

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased one about a month ago. Very nice white beam with great spill and throw. I was also pleasantly surprised how nicely the fit and balance were in my hand. I actually love how it looks the longer I have/use it. Planning on buying one for my dad as well.

Craig - I owe it all to your site and FlashlightReviews.com after reading both your reviews of the Heliotek. They were spot on.
icon14.gif
Thanks for getting me into the hobby.

Serial No. A000216

Last edited:

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think there are many of us here. Mine's going to go to my sister in NC in about a month. Some people can't get past the look, and to them i say "your loss", because this is one of the best-designed torches around. (I actually *like* the way it looks, but i imagine i'm biased because of its sophistication.)

don_69sbo

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered another HTE-1. This one is their new model (HTE-1a). I had talked to their customer service about six months ago about possibly modding their lights and got them working on replacing the Lux1 with a Cree. The new Cree-based Heliotek should be hitting my front door in a day or two. Will let you know how it compares to the HTE-1. Love these lights!

don_69sbo

Newly Enlightened
I'll let you know as soon as I get it... hopefully tomorrow. I checked my UPS tracking and it's in my state now. :twothumbs ...hopefully tomorrow or it's going to be a long weekend.
They're calling it the HTE-1A. If you order it before they change their website product description, the price is the same as the HTE-1. ($99.99). Donna, the customer service person from Heliotek, said all orders are being filled with the HTE-1A now.

don_69sbo

Newly Enlightened
Wow...what a difference! I love my HTE-1, but the HTE-1A is noticeably brighter, whiter, and has a bigger hot spot. My daughter and I were checking the two out in the basement. I will go on a walk tonight and compare the throw between the two. I need to figure out how to take some good beam shots and post them. I'll let the beam shots do the talking. Well worth it! :D

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my 1A today. I started a review thread which i'll be adding to once i get time to put a few hours on it. (grin) Me like.

CARNAL1

Newly Enlightened
I have Serial number A000033 of the Heliotek HTE-1 rev 2. It is a great light. I was worried about spending $100.00 on a Light, but once I received it I realized it was well worth the money. My only complaint was that I thought that it should be brighter. I'm planning on getting the 1A version with the Cree led. It should be around the same runtime but about 3 times brighter than the one that I have now. I can't wait. For those of you that don't like the looks of the light, it grows on you. I hope this post helps anyone who is on the fence about this light. With the addition of the Cree led, this light will be just about perfect.

Happy Dark Trails

don_69sbo

Newly Enlightened
I just received an email from Donna over at Heliotek a couple of days ago and she said that you can buy the HTE-1A head from Heliotek for $46 (which includes shipping, at least to the CONUS). Since it's not on their site, you'll have to send an email or call to request the head, and then either send a check or they'll send you a paypal request.

Patriot

Flashaholic
My former housemate in Seattle thought that the Heliotek HTE-1 looked like a German grenade from one of the world wars (WWI or WWII).

That would be the model 24 and it was used in both wars iirc. I guess this means we can nickname the Heliotek the "potato masher." :)