Any Sheath/Pouch for Surefire L2

greenstuffs

Banned
Hi i just bought the surefire L2, it looks pretty nice but too big to carry with the clip. Can anyone recommend a belt sheath for EDC?
THX

alantch

Enlightened
Checkout the Maxpedition website for more details on their 5" tube sheaths. It fits the L2.

M I K

Enlightened
The fiscally dysfunctional State of Kommiefornia
Hi Greenstuffs, Welcome to CPF. Sit back and enjoy the conversations and remember to keep a firm hand on your wallet. It's easy to get carried away with this flashlight stuff.

I had an L2 for a while. I tried out a sheath from SPEC-OPS. They have an interesting one that you might like to try. Go to specopsbrand.com and look up their Multi-Light Sheath.

Good Luck

greenstuffs

Banned
thax all i take a look next time i go to the PX, they have some spec ops stuff. I'll probably pass on the maxpedition because they are non US made and sell it as premium gear.

Last edited:

M I K

Enlightened
The fiscally dysfunctional State of Kommiefornia
greenstuffs said:
I'll probably pass on the maxpedition because they are non US made and sell it as premium gear.

OK, well you've opened one up now. I have to ask you what you mean by that statement. Are you against foriegn made products because of political reasons, or because you don't think they are premium quality or as good as US made products?

Just curious.

wmirag

Enlightened
Though they do not list the L2 as compatible, the SureFire V21 Quick-Detach Holster (V21) ***just*** fits my L2, with about 1/2" of Velcro to spare. I would not use it for heavy duty carry with only 1/2" of Velcro contact, but IMHO it's ok for casual carry. I like the quick detach feature and tha fact that it also fits the 6P, G2, D2, A2, and E2D. Obviously it fits those shorter lights better.

W.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a member here "john willis" that makes a custom holdster for your belt. Much nicer than the SF one IMO.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
M I K said:
OK, well you've opened one up now. I have to ask you what you mean by that statement. Are you against foriegn made products because of political reasons, or because you don't think they are premium quality or as good as US made products?

Just curious.

I second that. I have both Spec Ops and Maxpedition gear. Both survive what I put them through.

greenstuffs

Banned
I just have brand loyalty towards US makers such as Paraclete, Eagle with long history, they were making Tactical gear while maxpedition, tac-force or such were making $10 school backpacks. Now, i'm not saying they are not as good as Paraclete, Eagle, SpecOps, LBT... but i just can't believe an asian company will go an extra mile to build a bombproof gear with double threading and premium quality material and worksmanship blackhawk and SDS went down because they outsourced most of their labor and subsequently the quality of their products have dropped significantly. My biggest passion is collecting Military Gear i'm a nylon freak, then knives and flashlights to a lesser extent.

Asian Countries cannot produce 1000 Denier Nylon in a profitable way thats why they use 900, 800 by brands such as Blackhawk or Tac-Force 600 denier nylon by the airsoft makers. Besides that asian nylon contains some percentage of cotton. And ripping off Genuine US designs.
After all that i believe US gear is much better. Pay $5-$10 more to get the same thing but made in a way you believe. All the warranty on the gear is BS no matter how much any company stands behind their product it won't do you any good if you are 5000 miles away from home.

I have no hate towards Maxpedition or any Asian makers they have their market share by airsofters or less passionate nylon freaks. But is not something i would own. They do have the function to fill the market gap because of the limited production of genuine US Gear and because now they are all being used and abused by the people they were designed for.

JasonC8301 said:
I second that. I have both Spec Ops and Maxpedition gear. Both survive what I put them through.

Last edited:

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats your view, not bashing it but find it kind of close minded. Whatever though.

http://www.maxpedition.com/about.htm
http://www.maxpedition.com/materials.htm

Doesn't sound like the Blackhawk or SDS drop in quality to me. I have seen and felt Blackhawk gear take a turn for the worse. I am tired of military gear because unless your special forces, the gear gets produced by the lowest bidder.

No matter who makes the gear, it is bound to go wrong. Surefire's have given me issues sometimes that had to get resolved through some tinkering. I haven't run into an issues with any of my Maxpedition of Spec-Ops gear. Guess its luck of the draw.