Nuwai/Favour Light HLX-712L Circuit

dyee

Newly Enlightened
I just got the Nuwai/Favour Light HLX-712L and would like to know how the lamp is wired and do not want to take apart the lamp. Is it wired with 2 circuits separated by 2 batteries in series (battery 1->circuit 1 (with switch)->battery 2->circuit 2-> back to battery 1)?

I would like to rewire it to accept 2 parallel 3.6V RCR123.

dyee

Newly Enlightened
Does not look like anyone was going to reply so I just tried wiring it up.

- the right battery is isolated from terminals and connected in parallel with the red and black jumper wire.
- the 2 circuits are placed in series with the green jumper wire.
- connections are made by squezzing the wire between the plastic and terminals (all removable)

IMG_0017.JPG

Last edited:

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is the performance with this configuration? Brightness? Runtime?

Did you ask to find out what the max voltage for the regulator was?

Thanks,

-john

dyee

Newly Enlightened
Did not measure runtime but it lasts approximately 2 hours on high.
i did not notice any differences in initial brightness (full cell comparison). The light cuts out shortly after reaching 3.83V, on high underload, and lower setting were available.

Last edited:

InTheDark

Enlightened
Hi Dyee,

There was some info in this thread

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/93136

The Nuwai runs fine with the 3.6 R123's in the stock series configuration. What was your reason for wanting to rewire it in parallel? I'm guessing if the light cuts of at 3.8x Volts, then you probably aren't getting maximum runtime out of the rechargeables, althought it would prevent them from being drained too low.

Last edited:

dyee

Newly Enlightened
My reason for rewiring was to not drain the batteries too low. Also, looks like the medium setting operates at a even lower voltage. Does anyone know at what voltage the yellow power indicator activates?