I got a Spiderfire for christmas!!

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Well, not really, as the package is still in transit between Waion and my mailbox. But I'm sure I'll be getting it in a few days. As the light hasn't arrived yet, my girlfriend made up a funny way to tell me I was getting it. As my favorite animal is the hippopotamus, she bought this little stuffed toy hippo, with a built in booklet (if we ever have kids, they'll love this :)). The booklet shows a picture of a hippo on each page and text describing what the hippo is doing. I was looking through the pages, when I came across a picture of a hippo picking up a flashlight, with the text below: Hippo gets Spiderfire...

She also gave me a copy of my favorite childrens book (which also has hippos as subject :)). They're only small gifts, but I love them!

I just needed to share that :grin2:

Merry christmas, happy holidays and all the best for 2007!

Pepijn (a.k.a. MayCooper)

Jorge Banner

Newly Enlightened
Congrats on both (girlfriend and light <g>). Happy holidays and the best for you, too.

700club

Newly Enlightened
Its a hell of a deal for 30 bucks. Everything I have received from Waion has been top notch. I cant wait for him to come out with a Cree offering.

derrick

Newly Enlightened
My Spiderlight should also be in transit at the moment. Can't wait. Although it was just a gift to myself...

jayke

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Spiderfire ($30 version) from Waion also. Actually got one for me and one for my brother-in-law. Nice light for the price. The option to convert it is great. The LED module puts out a good amout of light. Probably more than my L2P I would say. I was dissapointed in the Xenon module though.

Joe

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my Spiderfire! Very nicely made. The threads are a bit rough, but otherwise the machining and anodizing is very good. The extension is a great option. The LED module puts out a good amount of light (I'd estimate about 40 lumens on a primary 123A since it's virtually equal to my P1 on 123A, but with much nicer tint). Brighter on a R123A! The xenon module is great too. About the same output as other 3V xenon LAs, but has good throw for it's output. It's quickly become one of my favorite lights (probably helps that I like the 1x123A with clicky form factor). Shorter than my Q3 while being brighter even tho my Q3 is modded with a TWOH and longer runtime at a lower price with more accessories.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went over to my parents today and got a few more gifts:

A nice book: part 11 of Robert Jordans Wheel of Time series

and my girlfriend and me got some gifts together too:
- a nice set of matching candlesticks (which go really well with some of the other stuff in out appartment)
- a 25 euro gift voucher for cds/dvds
- the 2007 astrology calendar, which is obviously written by a woman, as the tip of the day on my birthday (26 march) is: 'today is a great day to go shopping and buy new clothes'

I like the gifts a lot (ok, the calendar kind of sucks), but somehow they just don't compare to the Spiderfire (which I haven't even received yet) :)

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my Spiderfire today! I like this light a lot! The finish looks great, the clickie feels firm and the tailcap threads are smooth. there is a slight gap between bezel and body, but it proved to be a good space for a glow in the dark o-ring. The only thing missing is a lanyard hole.

Thanks Santa! (uh, Astrid :))

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is really very cool!! Congrats!! That is really cool of your GF to do.