Where's lightlover?

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Where\'s lightlover?

Where oh where has our dear moderator Jahn gone? Oh where oh where can he be?

With his humor so dry like a tumbleweed, oh where oh where can he be?

Wow. That scared me.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Where\'s lightlover?

The flashaholic lyricist (Jeff) adds another one to his repertoire. More, more, more!

Darell

Flashaholic

Hey! You got a problem with me! Huh? Speak up now!

Jahn has been hanging low for a little bit. He'll be back soon we hear...

McGizmo

Flashaholic

OK, I'm speaking up! I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOU!! How can I respect a moderator who is a FOR SALE cow with Arc legs??? We want Jahn! Now don't morph into the hewoman leaning against a lampost and demand respect, OK?
tongue.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

... an answer waiting to be questioned.

... an enigma wrapped up in a conundrum.

I think Don needs a nap.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

I heard from him Monday but did not get a chance to speak to him. I sent an email admonising him to come back to the flock.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

that guy dives like a turtle sometimes....

Flashlightboy

Enlightened

Here we are ready to start a new year. While Darell is OK as a moderator, I think we need a voice of reason to guide us through the rough times in The Cafe because this place can get out of hand like the bar scene in Star Wars.

We need a calm, soothing touch on the keyboard. We need that European influence and not something from that off-world colony aka Davis. Someone that doesn't have a human genome oddity in their signature.

Where is lightlover?

Size15's

Flashaholic

I talked to him today (Boxing Day) for quite a while. He's okay I gather. Not communicating as much as I'd like either mind.

I don't speak for Jahn and he has not asked me to.

CPF has changed in my opinion. Sometimes I get a bit upset about it and don't post as much as I used to. Sometimes it is very difficult to post and yet I have more to offer now then ever before.

I hope I can come back to CPF for 2003. It is a great community worth fighting for.

Yours

Al

P.S.
I'll call Jahn later and tell him that Darrel is making a mess of things and we need our LightLover's help in the Cafe.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened

I'm glad to hear that he's OK but I do miss his wit and charm. He always raises the IQ of any forum he posts in.

CPF is constantly evolving however a number of topics and discussions don't interest me and I've never even peeked to see what they're about. Still, I consider myself to be a flashlight wacko even if I don't actively post or lurk in all the forums. I suppose you don't have a warm fuzzy feeling re: all forums to be an interested member.

I for one would really appreciate having his insight and I'd certainly would like to see him posting again.

PS - What is this Boxing Day? I saw it on the calendar but it only referenced this as a Canuck holiday. You really don't have a state holiday for two men beating each other senseless do you? I enjoy boxing but a national day?

Size15's

Flashaholic

Boxing Day was when those upstairs gave their servants boxes of gifts as thanks for serving them over the year and on Christmas Day.
It's a British Tradition.

Another view was that it was when rich boys from the upper class families caught red robins (small birds) and took them in small boxes round the local houses collecting alms money.

We have a national holiday so that we can recover from Christmas Day.

Regarding CPF,

Jahn and I will often hark back to the good olde days when we could read all the posts in one sitting before dinner and knew the names of the pets of all the members.

Progress and growth and all that!

It's 6am - I'm off to sleep...

Al :Zzzzzz:

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by Size15s:Regarding CPF,

Jahn and I will often hark back to the good olde days when we could read all the posts in one sitting before dinner and knew the names of the pets of all the members.

Progress and growth and all that!
Al
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I also can remember the old days on CPF. Nowadays we are a much larger family with some of the pains that growing has with it. I am having more fun being here than ever. There are so many knowledgeable and skilled people here it makes me work just to try and keep up with the progress they make on our favorite hobby.

I, for one, do not want you and/or Jahn to leave CPF. The both of you have been great contributors to this board.

Al, with your vast knowledge of Surefire products, have been very helpful to me and, I am sure, others here.

Jahn, with his insightful ways of seeing things in a different way and putting that insight to words in a witty yet incisive manner.

Praise mode off: Stick around guys.

ygbsm

Enlightened

Originally posted by sunspot:
Al, with your vast knowledge of Surefire products, have been very helpful to me and, I am sure, others here.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree. I hope you stay around Al.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast

I discovered and survived Boxing Day a month and a half after my wife and I moved to London in 1978. My workplace was closed for a couple of weeks so we decided to drive around the Lake District over Christmas without hotel reservations.

Virtually nothing in the countryside was open for viewing, purchasing, or eating over Christmas and Boxing Day. We eventually found places to sleep and ate once or twice a day. Not the time to travel without a prearranged destination and food source.