Question regarding the SF E2...

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys!

I know it´s too early to ask but, does anybody recieved the E2 yet ? I would like to know the size of the flashlight in diameter and lenght, by seeing the E1 compared to a P3, I can´t wait to see the E2 compared to a 6P.

Thnx

AlexGT

Ps. How do you make the pc remember the username and pasword? I keep forgetting the password and have to check my mail for it.

redbird

Enlightened
I am looking at both the E1 and the P3 as I respond to your post.

The E1 lens area is small enough to fit inside the lens area of the P3 which is about 3/16" larger. The diameterof the body is much smaller, slightly larger than the 124 battery that powers it. It is about 5/8" shorter.

When the E2 comes out it will be great. If only we could get them thinking about a E3!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, been reading the posts on the E-2. Sounds nice. How much are they going to cost? Thanks

Alex, try clicking on preferences up above.

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by KenB on 01-21-2001 at 01:46 PM</font>

Bucky

Enlightened
From the picture on the SureFire.com site under "New Products," it looks as if the E2 will be between .25" and .50" shorter than the old 6P or G2. If you have an E1, the E2 should be about a 123A battery longer approximately.

The MSRP on the E2 is $74.99 in the Gun Metal color and $84.99 in the hard anodized Olive Drab Green color. For more specs on the E2 and other lights you can download a complete 2001 catalog in Adobe PDF format at http://www.surefire.com/download.htm .

In the SureFire forum we were told that the E2 would go into full production by the end of the month. With that information, your guess is as good as mine as to when they will be available - maybe a couple of months I would guess.

Hope this helps,

Bucky

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Bucky on 01-21-2001 at 03:51 PM</font>

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Bucky, I really like the looks of this little light. Think I want one, price doesn`t sound to bad either.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wich finish is better? the Hard anodized or the gun metal grey, in terms of durability, in terms of coolness I think the GM is great.

What do you think ?

AlexGT

Bucky

Enlightened
To me the Gun Metal is a much nicer looking finish. It is really a silver finish that looks very "rich" and "professional" like a nice watch or pocket clip. The Hard Anodized is really not very aesthetically pleasing IMO, but it cannot be beat for durabiliy and scratch resistance. The Hard Anodized finish is extremely hard to scratch and keeps it finish even after being abused.

In short, go with the Gun Metal for looks and the Hard Anodized for durability - in my opinion.

Bucky

Latest posts