I think it's between these lights, whch to pick?

GetSome

Newly Enlightened

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello GetSome and welcome to CPF:)

These lights are very different even though they uses the Cree's. It depends what you are looking for. Tiny size, flat regulation, best throw, max. runtime, DD?
Nimh cells mustn't be an advantage (selfdischarge). I personally would prefer a light which is be able to run with LiIons/Lithiums if you will store the light for some time and to be sure, it will work when you will need it.

Best regards

____
Tom

GetSome

Newly Enlightened
Long John said:
Hello GetSome and welcome to CPF:)

These lights are very different even though they uses the Cree's. It depends what you are looking for. Tiny size, flat regulation, best throw, max. runtime, DD?
Nimh cells mustn't be an advantage (selfdischarge). I personally would prefer a light which is be able to run with LiIons/Lithiums if you will store the light for some time and to be sure, it will work when you will need it.

Best regards

____
Tom

I see what you're saying. The size doesn't matter really since they're all fairly small, the throw isn't a huge deal but it'd be nice, and the brightness is obviously important. I am mostly thinking about getting the elektrolumens one because it's rated at the most lumens and it uses AA's which seem more versatile and cheaper (rechargables).

I searched a lot and these three seemed like the best value, but I'm pretty lost on which one to chose since I'm not buying it for one particular purpose.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget the original, the A19-XRE from the Shoppe.

-----

The Electrolumens XR3 is 8" looong. (sorry about that but I was just gooooogling)
GetSome said:
The size doesn't matter really since they're all fairly small

-----

Now that you mentioned it, maybe Getsome should get some beamshots of the PID-CE and decide if he can put up with the dark ring. I can not stand the one on my Fenix E1s and ended giving them away.
yaesumofo said:
Just get the P1D-CE and save us from more of these threads. Please.
Yaesumofo

-----

The XR-2 runs at 400mA at 3V. Based on the micropuck datasheet it is only 280mA at 2.4V.
Getsome is looking at the XR-3. Wayne has not decided on a drive current for it - I 've seen 700mA and 1.2A mentioned.
adirondackdestroyer said:
Not to say that it won't be bright, but it is only being run at 400ma I believe,

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I think it's between these lights, which to pick?

Just get the P1D-CE and save us from more of these threads. Please.

(I know I should be more tolerant. Go knows you guys torerate me but there is something about today's newbie that just needs more help than before. What they need is more SELF help. Like read an study for a few weeks before posting yet another "Which one should I buy thread?")
I will work on my tolerance I hope these new guys o some work too.
Yaesumofo

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regardless of what the Elektrolumens one is rated at it will actually be the least bright of the three lights you listed. Not to say that it won't be bright, but it is only being run at 400ma I believe, while the Lumapower is run at 550ma and even higher when on a 3.7v rechargable cell.

I can only vouch for the Fenix P1DCE, and will say that it is the single most incredible light I have ever seen!!! I would imagine that the Lumapower one is even MORE impressive because of its incredible throw and even higher output than the P1DCE when being run on the 3.7v cell. It is quite a bit bigger than the P1D and the head is much larger around. It also wasn't out yet when I bought my P1D, but I still think I would have chosen the P1D over it because of its fully regulated multiple levels and the smaller size. Either of those would be excellent choices.
I wouldn't pick up the Huntlight until the reviews are in and they are fully confirmed that it does NOT flicker what so ever on a 18650 cell! The first few runs of the Ft-01 were notorious for doing this and I would make sure they got rid of this problem before ordering (imo).

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have the A19 cree and the P1D CE and i think it the P1D CE is one of the best edc lights available for the price

GetSome

Newly Enlightened
Well since I can't actually BUY the elektrolumens light, it's between the other two. I might just have to take your guys' word and get the fenix though.

kooter

Enlightened
I can only comment on the fenix, and the D mini. The D mini is awesome. The fenix is bright enough, but i love the D mini for its throw, and clicky tailcap. So much easier to use. Ok it doesnt have the 5 modes of the fenix, but IMO its a fantastic light. D-mini rocks.

Last edited: