Why no FEEDBACK FORUM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guncollector

Enlightened
Forgive me if this has been covered before, but why does CPF not have a Feedback Forum?

Seems to me, with the amount of transaction that occur in the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum, buyers and sellers would both benefit.

Just curious.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
What, no feedback on the Feedback thread?
grin.gif

I would give some myself, but I've never bought or sold anything through CPF.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the liability disclaimer is the key - there isn't really anything here on CPF, but they have a very detailed one on Blade Forums (maybe they'd let us borrow it if we asked nicely...)

Graham

guncollector

Enlightened
Well, I just noticed an obvious (negative) feedback thread in the General Forum, and don't see the Moderators deleting it.

Seems to me by permitting this thread to exist, without centralizing it in its own (Disclaimered) Forum is a greater liability.

More food for thought...

guncollector

Enlightened
Okay, I finally got around to looking in Suggestions Forum, and found the following thread link.

Seems DavidW and the Moderators have denied a FEEDBACK FORUM to CPF over concerns about potential liability of esp. accusations of fraud (esp. against vendors).

I think this is a mistake, and have a couple of comments:

1) I think the absence of a feedback forum actually increases CPF's liability if/when people are ripped off (thankfully, occurrences of this type are seemingly few and far between). The feedback forum vacuum is actually beneficial to wrongdoers.

2) Make a Liability Disclaimer on the Feedback Forum, and ban the use of the word "fraud", and any accusations thereof. It's that simple. Moderators can easily enforce this. People can still relay negative experiences without accusation of fraud.

3) Both Bladeforums.com, Knifeforums.com and UsualSuspect.net have all very successfully implemented feedback forums. The numbers of transactions on those forums (esp. BF and KF) dwarfs the number of transactions on CPF, and while negative feedbacks thread definitely proliferate (thankfully a very, very small %) I've not heard of any liability issues for the forum owners.

Anyway, just my $0.02...

Darell

Flashaholic
Status
Not open for further replies.