18 Years Late

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
I've been raving about this issue for months now and I'm exhausted with it. I get the same old "if you're not doing anything wrong...." response. It's truly amazing how Karl Rove and his accomplices have pulled off the P.R. coup of all time. As long as the paychecks come and the football game's on, nobody gives a ratsass. I guess things really have to hit rock bottom first. I'm about to give it up. I'm no luddite but wouldn't it be ironic if the only free countries ended up being in the technologically backward parts of the third world.

Empath

Flashaholic
Peter, there is a situation that exists. The "enemy" offered us is too large, allusive, covert, and unreachable for any of us to fight successfully. The "enemy" offered is so corrupt, evil and dedicated to our destruction that immediate action is imperative. The "enemy" offered us has so infiltrated our neighborhoods and streets, along with the other countries of the world that the privacy and rights enjoyed by your parents and grand-parents are too risky.

The "enemy" offered us can only be fought by complete submission to another's ability to protect you.

You've learned that the protector is the hero, the one to which you owe all. I'll give you a new law. Protection from another is ALWAYS accompanied by exploitation. There's no exception.

Just observe with a calm spirit. This is nothing new. It's been done many times before. Technology just adds a different slant and appearance.

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
I trust you're being sarcastic here. But I'll just keep repeating to myself:
Big brother loves me...
Big brother loves me...
Big brother loves me...