Is Osama Pea-Green?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by galavanter:
Is Osama Pea-Green?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">But Osama will never be without constant companions...-the fleas of 1000 camels infesting his armpits.
tongue.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Lux Luthor:
All I get is a NY times form to fill out when I click on that link.
confused.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's really odd. I just tried the link again with a beat-up old web box, and the article/editorial comes right up.
icon3.gif

Mugsy

Newly Enlightened
Hmmmm....maybe you've already signed up for the New York Times on the web and are in their system. All I get is the same form with a bunch of questions to register for their site (and probably so they can start sending me more junk email.....which I do NOT need.).

Oh well.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Prodigal Sun:
Hmmmm....maybe you've already signed up for the New York Times on the web and are in their system. All I get is the same form with a bunch of questions to register for their site (and probably so they can start sending me more junk email.....which I do NOT need.).

Oh well.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You could be right-I used to subscribe to the Paper, but recently cut it down to Only the weekly "Circuits" tech. newsletter.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Honest this is not a subscription drive! I posted it because that really is the title of the article and...It's Maureen Dowd's piece on the Op-ed page.
I thought this might be problematical. C'mon you guys!
All the news that's fit to print? The newpaper of record?
I guess my CNN link didn't work either yesterday. This newspaper business is tough Mr. White.
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Sure. I don't know if it can stay though...

Is Osama Pea-Green?
By MAUREEN DOWD

WASHINGTON

For almost a year, he'd gone dark.

Then he pops back up trash-talking our vice president, saying **** Cheney has killed more people in Baghdad than Hulagu of the Mongols, whoever that guy is; mixing up Rummy, with his slicked-back hair and wire-rimmed glasses, with Robert McNamara as "the butcher of Vietnam," and raining imprecations on "White House gangsters."

"It is time that we get even," Osama bin Laden said on the tape delivered to an Al Jazeera reporter in Islamabad. (Can't we assign a C.I.A. drone to every Al Jazeera hack?)

It was the usual rancid rant cloaked as sacred chant.

The real question was: Why would the boss of Al Qaeda want to reveal he's still alive when he could plot and scheme in ghostly obscurity while his landlord, General Musharraf, assures us he's dead?

Well, it's obvious, isn't it?

Osama's jealous. He will not be ignored. He doesn't like playing second fiddle. Another anti-Semitic, anti-Christian, anti-American, megalomaniacal, sociopathic mass murderer is getting all the attention.

The butcher of Liberty Plaza has come down with a bad case of Saddam envy.

When President Bush realized he couldn't catch Osama quickly, he was downgraded faster than a telecom stock. Osama went from Wanted Dead or Alive to Forgotten but Not Gone. Mr. Bush promoted Saddam to Arab Evildoer No. 1, and had not even mentioned Osama's name for the last four months.

The more Saddam thumbed his nose at the U.S., the more popular he became among the Arab malcontents who idolized Osama.

You can imagine Osama sulking in his tent on the Pakistan-Afghan frontier or his hovel hidden in the vast slums of Karachi, drinking tea and wondering if he's chopped liver, catching CNN on satellite, muttering that the only American who's making a stink about catching him is Tom Daschle, whoever that guy is.

It must rankle bin Laden to see Mr. Bush striding the globe as Top Gun, a suddenly unstoppable cowboy who soared in the midterm elections by threatening the evildoer his father easily defeated and eclipsing the evildoer who transformed his presidency.

In an interview Monday with Radio Free Europe, Mr. Bush was still trying to depersonalize Osama, making him a face in the terrorist crowd: "Whether it's him or somebody else, they're plotting an attack. . . . This issue is bigger than one person."

How can you be a "destructive charismatic leader," as C.I.A. analysts call him, when the president calls you "they," not even dignifying you with your own pronoun?

The man who pulled off the most spectacularly vicious attack in the history of terrorism, the man who made America feel vulnerable for the first time, the man who spawned the Homeland Security Department wants the world to know he's capable of calling the shots. He may call himself "the slave of God," but he is the slave of public attention.

"The notion of the selfless servant of the people committed to Islam against the terrible West really totally misses the point of his being a profound narcissist," said Jerrold Post, who founded the C.I.A.'s Political Psychology Center to profile world leaders and world monsters. "Every one of Osama's successes has further expanded his grandiosity."

Dr. Post believes Osama had a "narcissistic explosion" with 9/11. "Osama wanted to stare at tapes of the buildings going down again and again," he said. He gloated and bragged and wanted to know how his demonic demolition was playing back home in Saudi Arabia.

The Bush administration has strained to make Saddam and Osama teammates in terror. But what if the spoiled Saudi rich boy and the thug in the fedora waving a shotgun are competitors — like monomaniacal moguls running rival studios?

In the new tape, Osama hails a bunch of recent terrorist acts and pointedly doesn't even bother to mention Saddam's name.

Saddam uses the mantle of Islam only when it suits the cult of Saddam. The Iraqi despot — unfazed by the Islamic ban on graven images — is too busy putting up pictures of himself, writing his name on the bricks used to rebuild the Hanging Gardens of Babylon and trying to dominate cable as a world leader to do his part helping Osama with his Islam jihad.

With any luck, Osama's jealousy will so completely possess him that he will go after Saddam himself.

- 30 -

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems to me that the link has become a jump page. I did a 'copy shortcut' and pasted it into the address box. The URL changed as the page started to open. Sometimes, web sites do that if the daily traffic gets too high.
frown.gif
It might be expeditious to try again tomorrow.
smile.gif

Dan