Sony's launch isn't going as well as the 360.

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
Ahh yes, self published article, that refer to other blogs as sources, that in turn cite craigslist.

A shrew marketer for Nintendo could have orchestrated that entire chain of events in order to create hype. Black hat marketing ;)

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
Well I know of two people here at work who could not get Wii's, but did manage to get PS3's. One of those people told me if I could find him a Wii he would split his e-bay profit from the PS3 with me.

Considering that the Wii has been much more popular than anticipated it does not surprise me one bit.

Last edited:

bitslammer

Enlightened
Good, I'm glad. I tossed out all my Sony products when it came to light that they deceptively installed rootkit software on CD users PCs. Worse yet there's ample eveidence that their hidden software tampered with user created files.

They crossed a line there with me and won't see anoter penny from my pocket. Add to that they always favor a highly proprietary approach that "locks in" the consumer to them for future purchases. IBM did this with token ring and the world went Ethernet. Sony hasn't learned even after BetaMax. They're a company that continues to try adn control their customers instead of letting the customers decide what's best.

Go Wii!!!!

swampgator

Enlightened
I was in Best Buy today behind a guy returning a PS3. Another guy was talking to him about it. He said he got both PS3 and Wii. Returning the PS3 for money for games for the Wii.

St8kout

Newly Enlightened
Word is also out that the PS3's high-def isn't as good as the 360's, but that's another story and not the same arguement as getting the Wii.

I'm just sayin':grin2:

http://www.xboxtoday.ca/12082006/14/xbox_360_tops_playstation_3_at_the_apollo
In an unbiased side-by-side face-off on H3Enterprises, Inc.'s H3TV, the only high-definition flat screen that allows players to simultaneously compete on both gaming systems through split screen cyber television technology, XBOX 360 won a convincing victory over its highly sought after rival Playstation3.

"XBOX is flat-out better both visually and mechanically," said H3 Enterprises, Inc.'s chief communications officer and world-class gamer, Adrian "Hollywood" Walton. "When Fight Night is played at its highest level with the highest possible resolution, everyone is able to see XBOX 360's superiority to PS3 as clear as can be on H3TV."

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
I might just go for a wii, it's affordable and seems to be the most interactive of the bunch, the launch titles for the ps3 so far (excluding resistance:fall of man) were pretty weak, maybe it's just me. As well, the games don't seem to be using the full potential of the ps3 and are not up to par with the expectations. I would think that the wii has more staying power, but that's just my opinion.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own the 360 and love the fact that I can play older Xbox games, I payed $7 for Halo off of Ebay. Halo is an amazing game! Can't wait for Halo 3.