Klarus        

Thread: Anyone Familiar With GunBroker.com?

Help Anyone Familiar With GunBroker.com?

I have a "friend" who will be liquidating his extensive collection of M1s and components, 1911s and components, bayonets, etc. GunBroker.com was recommended as a potential vehicle for the sales- is anyone here familiar with the site? Good, bad, ugly experiences/stories?

I appreciate any help or recommendations. His collection is quite exclusive, with many, many rare guns and parts.
    A few favorite lights from: McGizmo, Data, milkyspit, HDS, and Surefire

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Anyone Familiar With GunBroker.com?

I have bought and sold several firearms on gunbroker.com and can report 100% positive results. Never once had a deadbeat buyer.

In case you don't know of this resource, check the FFL number you receive before sending a firearm or receiver to a buyer:

https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

A B/W copy of an FFL is real easy to fake, so the "EZ Check" system is nice. It doesn't cover Type 03 Curio & Relic FFLs though. If you have a C&R firearm to sell, at least in California the recipient will need a seperate certificate of eligibility to avoid the background check and 10-day waiting period, and CA residents cannot buy C&R handguns.

check out:
    www.gunsamerica.com
    www.glocktalk.com
    www.thehighroad.org
    www.ar15.com

All have excellent sales areas. Ideally I'd suggest FTF sales, way easier to deal with, and cheaper.

Thank you for all the suggestions. FTF sales are a possibility but we are talking hundreds of weapons and many thousands of parts. He's considering a large auction house as well, but also would like the ability to stay less public. His best friend owns a licensed gun shop and both are licensed dealers.

scott.cr that is a great resource- thanks! He'll likely leverage his friend's shop for transportation of the weapons.
    A few favorite lights from: McGizmo, Data, milkyspit, HDS, and Surefire

Also there is www.auctionarms.com but I think both that and gunbroker are good places.
    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine