Longest shipment from Fenix-store?

LowTEC

Enlightened
I want to know who has the longest shipment from Fenix-store. My P1D-CE was shipped on Dec 9th, and I still haven't receive mine as of now (18 days)
On the other hand, I ALSO ordered a 123 body from David 2 days pior to my P1D-CE and it arrived in 11 which is within the expected shipping time period

I don't want to make it sound like a huge issue for a long shipment, but if I can know what would be the longest time it takes that I should be expecting, then maybe I can set a bottom line of waiting before I contact David to see what's going on. :(

It was supposed to be my X'mas present but I'm hoping it can still be my new year's present

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my experience, you're supposed to contact 4sevens before publicly announcing problems.

Yeah...

LowTEC

Enlightened
Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming David for this, I just want to know what's the longest time I should be expecting before it is settled as an issue to deal with
TigerhawkT3 said:
In my experience, you're supposed to contact 4sevens before publicly announcing problems.

Yeah...

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
I have a bit of experience with int'l shipping. It can take a while. I've had 2 packages (insured and all) disappearing off the radar for 2 months and just when I was about to file a claim they were delivered (2 separate incidents). With the extra load on the worlds mail-system in december and the possible customs delay, I see no reason to panic, it hasn't even been 3 weeks. But if you really are getting worried, just give 4sevens a shout, he is known for his excellent customer service!

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read here that the customs check in your country can be pretty thorough.
Sorry to hear of the dealys. Expecting a light for Christmas and not receiving it must be a bummer :sigh:

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
These days it can all take a little longer due to busy times for the mail services. I just received a package from the Sandwish Shoppe which has been shipped on the 30th of November. Don't worry, it will probably show up.

bitslammer

Enlightened
LowTEC said:
I want to know who has the longest shipment from Fenix-store. My P1D-CE was shipped on Dec 9th, and I still haven't receive mine as of now (18 days) ...t

Well once it's in the postal system Fenix-Store has no control over it so there's really nothing that can be done or said about that.

IF you want/need tracking then you've gotta go Fedex or something similar and that's giong to up the cost.

I'm very pleased that 4sevens charges no shipping and doesn't add on tracking to every order which can greatly increase the cost.

like other's have said it's a bad time of year to expect quick delivery. If it didn't get bogged down in the US postal system it likely got hung up in the increased load at Canadian Custome and the in the Canadian postal system.

As a rule I neve expect things ordred after DEC1 to get to me by Christams unless I pay extra for 2nd day/overnight etc., and that's just for domestic US stuff.

planex

Newly Enlightened
Even priority mail within the U.S. slows down. I specifically upgraded my shipping to priority mail for my P1D CE. I got it 4 days after it shipped, Saturday the 23rd which was the last possible day before Christmas. I was very lucky. The average is 2-3 days for priority mail, but there are never any guarantees.

cy

Flashaholic
FYI.... I've shipped hundreds of packages out to fellow cpf'ers all over the world.

slowest is to Canada! packages for me anyways... takes 2 to 5 weeks to arrive. the only two packages I've ever lost were shipped to Canada. :green:

LowTEC

Enlightened
Thanx maycooper, it sux to wait for 2 months for a light, I surely wouldn't have the patient to wait for that long :rant:

So guys, what's the bottom ling to wait for this that you would suggest, a month to 2 months? Thanx for all your suggestions

Last edited:

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just keep calm. It's only 18 days and you're already talking of waiting a month of even 2. The more you whine about it, the longer it will take in your own eyes. No offence intended buddy ;)

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipping to Canada is unpredictable at best.

I've had packages get to me from the U.S. in 3 days.... some....3 weeks!!! All using Global Priority Mail. I've had better luck with Global Express Mail, but you pay a big primium on that.

Funny thing is, I've had shipments come from Germany, U.K and other parts of Europe that get to me in less than 4 days....consistently.

It's not the Fenix Store's fault. Once it is shipped, it is out of anyone's hands but USPS/Canada Post and customs.

But I agree with many here....shipping to Canada is like pulling teeth, but eventually, it gets there. I have never lost an incoming shipment.

(knock on wood)

WP

LowTEC

Enlightened
Erasmus said:
Just keep calm. It's only 18 days and you're already talking of waiting a month of even 2. The more you whine about it, the longer it will take in your own eyes. No offence intended buddy ;)

No offence taken an thanx for your kind contribution, but I just want to clarify that this thread is not about whinning, I posted because I want some advice to see what's the longest shipment I should be expecting before I start whinning to David :laughing:

So far I have seen the figure "2 months" from maycooper and I surely hope I don't wait that long, I agree custom can be a ***** when getting mail from the States. I've got all my charger, batteries, flashlight (all seperate orders) from HK all within 8 days, considered HK is on the other side of the globe :mad:

jhawkins1

Newly Enlightened
Bringing stuff in from the US is hit or miss as far as the mail service goes. Once things reach the canadian mail system it is generally fast, but the transfer from us mail to customs and customs to Canada Post seems to take forever sometimes.

I was 12 days getting mine, but it shipped about 3 days earlier than yours, the Christmas rush was starting to get into full swing, so it could be a while. Sometimes the folks get screwed up in the US mail system when it comes to Canada too. I have seen things that are 200 miles from my house, but in the US, be sent the entire way across the country and have to clear customs in Vancouver and then have to get shipped all the way back to NB.

I have had things come in 4-5 days, some 4-5 weeks. Those long ones are pretty tedious, but things have always arrived, ... eventually. Patience is a virtue, ... unfortunately for me I am not a Virtuous person at times!

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a more reliable alternative for buying Fenix products? I've searched the net in the past and not found anyone selling them. Well I did find 1 or 2 places that either didn't have them in stock or had the prices marked way up.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
bjn70 said:
Is there a more reliable alternative for buying Fenix products? I've searched the net in the past and not found anyone selling them. Well I did find 1 or 2 places that either didn't have them in stock or had the prices marked way up.
Try to ask a better price by e-mail with the stores which carry them. I think some of them will be glad to make a special price for you. Fenix has a price fixing policy so stores are not allowed to publish a lower than recommended price. But when it comes down to it, I think some stores are happy to knock a few bucks off.