OT to the New user

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
OT Hey this is a message to the New User!!!
I see lots of repeating threads about the same thing.
Hey o us an the servers a favor o a little research before coming out an posting the same question the other one of a thousand newsguys posted.
It is the hey which flashlight should I buy question.
o some reading first This place is a wealth of information there is more here than you can imagine.
When I got here I knew exactly what light I wanted.
An ARC LS. I came to that realization after hours of reading an study. I Read as much as I could.
The I asked questions.
Come on guys stop bogging the system own with all this Bull poop.
Yaesumofo

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or read some old threads and post to them instead. Everyone likes to see his name in the 'thread author' line.

And get the flashlights out of your sigline!!

Luna

Enlightened
greenlight said:
And get the flashlights out of your sigline!!

Just to elaborate for you, lights in the sigline causes search to give many false results.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luna said:
Just to elaborate for you, lights in the sigline causes search to give many false results.

Only on google searches.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
yaesumofo said:
OT Hey this is a message to the New User!!!
I see lots of repeating threads about the same thing.
Come on guys stop bogging the system own with all this Bull poop.
Yaesumofo

Perhaps we could make a new subforum called "redundant bullshit" and allow you to moderate posts there.

piper

Newly Enlightened
If the moderators and Sasha do not care I do not see why we should.

It's a semi-free world/BBS etc....

I hope this an open and free Forum. As long as the post matches the the sub-forum's category who are we to say yea or nay?

You know for the un-enlightened this place can be quite intimidating, should we make it even more difficult?

This pointless naval gazing, is off topic and has nothing to do with LED lights. Please allow me to suggest that if this message was posted to the proper sub-forum (off topic) there would be little or no commentary on it.

As far as bogging down the system, according to the test yaesumofo provides isn't this thread just more of that same BS?

BTW, yaesumofo what's the deal with you and the letter 'D'?

Last edited:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread just blows my mind. :shakehead CPF is a place to learn, have fun, contribute hopefully, and make friends from all over the world. Everyone is a Newbie once, and as previously pointed out, CPF in its enormity can be an intimidating place. Helping others less knowledgable is a great way to learn a few things ourselves.

James, you are just one rude Mofo. You don't have to click and read any particular post, what the heck is bugging you?! :rant: Get a life. :rolleyes:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
EngrPaul said:
Only on google searches.

Like that isn't annoying? And come on, what use is it to show off all your lights in your sigline? If you really want to show off like that, make a nice website where you can show off even more with loads of nice pics and just put a link to that in your sigline. That way you get to show off and you get to show off better than here, the searchfunctions will not be affected and you'll give fellow CPFers a choice to click the link or not.

EngrPaul said:
Perhaps we could make a new subforum called "redundant bullshit"

Hey that's a great idea! we can dump the entire forum inthere, because it's all about those bloody flashlights again and again! I agree that some questions keep coming back, especially with new users asking what light to buy. If you don't want to read them, just don't. The title of these threads tells you exactly what kind of thread it is and nobody is forcing you to read it.
If a separate subforum needs to be created for things like this, just create something like 'newbie questions' or 'flashlight suggestions', there is no need to get all rude over things like that.

Now with that said, I enjoy those kind of threads, most of us here are very knowledgable on the flashlight subject, and many of us are willing to share our experiences. I like to share my knowledge with the 'unenlightened'. It's a good thing, and illustrates the friendly character of CPF.
When I first found this place I was really amazed that there were actually people willing to answer my questions instead of getting 20 replies telling me to use the searchfunction or to stick my dumb newbie questions where the sun don't shine.

CPF is a great place as it is, with great people, always willing to help. That shouldn't change because a few individuals are too freaking lazy to do a little selection on the threads they open.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yaesumofo,

I am a new user, but I completely agree with you. I spent hours in the archives while using the search function, and learned much in just days. I know what kind of lights that I like now, what features I must have on a light, and the usefulness of Flashlight reviews.com.

I asked one question similar to what you are griping about, but only after I searched for several evenings without an answer. I wanted educated user input, and that helped me make several educated purchases. I was grateful for the help and guidance, too. My wallet hates you guys, though. :grin2:

BTW...here are some 'D's. (dddddddd) You are missing quite a few in your post. :)

datiLED

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
MayCooper said:
Like that isn't annoying? And come on, what use is it to show off all your lights in your sigline? If you really want to show off like that, make a nice website where you can show off even more with loads of nice pics and just put a link to that in your sigline. That way you get to show off and you get to show off better than here, the searchfunctions will not be affected and you'll give fellow CPFers a choice to click the link or not.

Sorry, you have made the wrong assumption. I'm not into showing off. Instead, I am listing lights that I have so people can understand my relative perspective as an owner when I make a comment on this forum.

I'm too old to show off, anyway.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think Yaesumofo was being rude necessarily. I can see his point. I agree that there is a lot of information but when I first joined I learned a lot by reading and doing searches. It was fun. I suppose there is a part of me that wants newbies (I'm still a newbie) to go through what I went through..you know to do the leg work. I found it satisfying. On the other hand there are varying degrees of interests here and some may not want to put in as much time as others. On the whole I find it a very helpful community and I have been lucky to have only dealt with good people so far.

B@rt

Flashaholic
What a nice and friendly thread this is, and posted in the wrong forum as well... :ironic:

Maybe if you see a double thread you could notify a moderator? :candle:

Status
Not open for further replies.